Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
b-eye
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2007, 03:33 PM

Dillema help,,,,,

My breeder just sent me a text asking if I knew anyone wanting an OES pup,,,,she cant be serious sending me a text like that,,,im a pure sucker for OES,,been in agony all afternoon ,, should I shouldnt I, I had planned to get another eventually but wanted a new pup to show, now I dont know if this boy is show material (i would still have him -regardless) but i know she has good stock allthough wont be what I would have choosen, he is 9 months old went to a home where they had autistic child which didnt like him so she has taken him back sooo would he be ok with the other two,,one is 4 the other is 3 just over, they get on ok most of the time but think the younger is trying to challenge for leadership so a few scuffles,, i think they have a love/hate relatationship they cant stand being seperated but hate each other when they are together if that makes sense.
whats everyones opinion would three males get on ok,, or would it be a can of worms ??
tearing my hair out here help

surannon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2007, 04:19 PM
I know the feeling LOL. The temptation is sooooo great. But I have to say, if I were you I'd wait til I was fully prepared for another dog and wait for one that showed promise as a future show dog.

Debs
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-01-2007, 04:40 PM
or try them out and see how it goes............ to be honest i think the breeder had you lined up as a home for the boy.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-01-2007, 04:42 PM
Good luck whatever you decide.
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2007, 05:02 PM
go on follow your heart. i would ask if i could give it a try for a few weeks and then take it from there.

good luck and we want piccies and up dates.

sue
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-01-2007, 05:08 PM
Why not offer to foster him to see how they all get on?
I would be the same, it would be instant capitulation I am afraid, I really struggle with my heart when I see another one for re-homing
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Personally I'd wait. If you really had set your heart on a show one then go for it, of course you could ask her whether he's show quality then problem solved!
Becky