View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-11-2014, 06:50 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Wednesday).

Morning everyone hope you are well and the doglets too.

Can someone please pass me a straight jacket and find me a padded cell.
Gorden arrived home at around 11.30pm last night and sorted the fuse so we at least had the lights and the macerator working. Hot water but no heating.
He has looked at the on line manual and it seems there are no internal fuses to this boiler its an oil boiler and the hot water and heating are separate. So we have hot water but no heating and daren't run it on for fear of losing the power to the house again.
So goodness why it blew the fuse. Been onto the boiler man he now says it isn't good news and sounds like a new boiler is needed.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2014, 07:38 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone

Oh crickey Lynn, you don't need all this do you nor does Gorden, but I'm so pleased he got home for you last night to sort most of it out.

Might be an idea to dispense with the oil thing altogether and get a gas boiler installed in the house perhaps? Worcester do some very good deals and my plumber says they are the best nowadays, ours has never faltered (kiss of death there then!). They do lots of schemes to spread the cost. Hopefully though, when your boiler man comes out he might see something straight away and will be able to fix it, but it's always going to be trouble isn't it.

I feel for you Lynn! Deep breaths then......
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-11-2014, 07:41 AM
Flipping eck Lynn what a nightmare for you have a humongous hug
Hope everyone else is having a trouble free time and all human and doglets are well
Same old same old same old here
Weather is lousy wind rain and more rain and more rain
Take care stay safe hope all have a good day
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-11-2014, 07:52 AM
Morning Helena and Norma lovely to see you and thanks for the hugs both I need them.

Helena we do not have gas in the village. Its oil or calor gas and we have the oil tank to have a calor gas or lpg tank installed would be very expensive.

I just feel like packing my bags and walking out of the door but I can't because of Dillon.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2014, 08:23 AM
Good morning all.

Lynn, so very sorry for your plight, it must be so depressing. Just hope you get it sorted soon without too much expense.

Apart from poor Lynn I hope everyone else is ok. Have a good day all. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-11-2014, 08:44 AM
Morning Moyra thank you.

Feeling a litle more positive rung the makers of the boiler advice line and they have technicians on the phone who answer questions and he thinks it the heating circulating pump and they are not terribly expensive.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2014, 08:49 AM
Good morning everyone.
Good Lord Lynn, more worry and expense for you. I hope it all gets sorted very soon. What a good job Gorden was able to get home to help you. I hope today turns into a good day for you.
Morning Helena, I hope you are well today.
Morning Norma, we have had a rough night here too. Tremendous wind and rain. I have to go to town in a while so I hope it stays dry until I have finished all that I have to do.
Morning Moyra, is it dry enough with you to take Blue out? Not sure I want to take Tango in the rain.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2014, 08:50 AM
Lynn just seen your post about the pump. Can you get someone to see to it?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-11-2014, 08:54 AM
Morning Nippy Jen.
I have emailed Gorden he is going to ring the chap who has been coming to fix it sometime today. I have told him about the pump suggestion and will leave that ball in his court. He may well go pump route because that does make sense. It will be up to him whether he thinks he can do it or whether we pay the other chap to do it. You can do a lot yourself with these boilers as they are not gas.
If we order directly it is usually with you the next day.

Enjoy the day out hope the weather eases.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2014, 08:55 AM
Morning everyone. Hope you get the boiler fixed Lynn. I know how they can be a pain as ours went up the creak a year ago but at the moment shh it is ok. Sneezing well here so hope I don't pass these on to anyone on here. Have been out with Tyto and feel better in the fresh air. But can't stay out there all day. Off now to collapse in a heap. Keep well all. Malka another day has gone by so hope your nose is better. Take Care everyone.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »