View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-05-2014, 05:59 PM

Dillon at the annual Bernese garden party.

Excuse the hair it was very hot but it is always a bit windy there.

Just Dillon.

Dillon and the puppy Dillon is not amused.

A Berner not Dillon.

Berner with a hat on.

Berner pulling a cart and me waking Dillon I'm in the green and white striped t.shirt.

Berner carting.

His brother Aiden.

Just chatting before we decided to give him a try.

Fitting the harness and straps.

Off we go.

Harness with the log behind.

And off we go again pulling something this time. The log is quite heavy. Aiden is watching closely.

Having a rest.

This is where he objected to the wheels well the harness we think he was tired and hot at this point.

We tried him not attached and Lee walking the wheels behind him which he didn't bat an eyelid at.

Close up of his brother Aieden.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2014, 06:02 PM
Oh what GREAT photos. Looks like it was a great day too. Not that I'm biased but Dillon definitely was at the front of the queue for the 'looks'.

I like your colour too Lynn.

And I love that piccie where he is about to set off and looking up at his mum. Lovely.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2014, 06:07 PM
Lovely photos Lynn. Looks like with a bit more practice Dillon will do well at carting.
Love your Hair Colour as well
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-05-2014, 06:12 PM
Thank you Pat and Lynne. Dillon is bigger than his brother Lee who owns his brother and the other well known carter there were impressed with him and his size and gave him a good going over he was so patient and let them go over him and they both said he is not fat and still has some slack skin to fill. Everyone says he is big the Halesbern line usually is for the males.
We were very proud of him today he was so good. He is now zonked out.

I am pleased with the colour its a dark auburn. Glad you like it too.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2014, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Thank you Pat and Lynne. Dillon is bigger than his brother Lee who owns his brother and the other well known carter there were impressed with him and his size and gave him a good going over he was so patient and let them go over him and they both said he is not fat and still has some slack skin to fill. Everyone says he is big the Halesbern line usually is for the males.
We were very proud of him today he was so good. He is now zonked out.

I am pleased with the colour its a dark auburn. Glad you like it too.
He's not FAT! He is just a BIG BOY! I like big men!

(Not that I am back here already looking at the delectable Dillon and those lovely sunny day out pics!) when I could be doing a bit of paid work lol! Oh I really 'miss England' this week Lynn. Looking at your pics and the others posted on beaches and in the lovely green countryside and especially the ones my kids sent of the sunny pub gardens and BBQs in the garden.

Just have to remind myself how RARELY the weather is like that!
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-05-2014, 06:21 PM
Lynn - What wonderful pictures - It looks as if you all had a great time, especially Dillon (who is much better looking than his Bro). Don't know about pulling a log - Dillon looks fit enough and strong enough to pull one of those caravans. Have you managed to kidnap that puppy (I'll be round to collect it in the morning), the Mem would adore one of those. We were at a Country Fair a couple of years ago and met up with a Bernese Pup and a Leonberger pup at the same time - the Mem was going frantic cuddling first one, then the other and eventually both at once. More or less had to prise her off them in the end!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-05-2014, 06:23 PM
We may well get rain tomorrow definitely by Tuesday so you will soon get over being homesick when we are moaning about it.... Again.
We will all be wishing we were there with you.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-05-2014, 06:24 PM
Thank you Gordon the guy who does the cart training says they can pull a van easily when they get the traction.

Go on get the Mem one of each for she returns from her holibobos.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2014, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
We may well get rain tomorrow definitely by Tuesday so you will soon get over being homesick when we are moaning about it.... Again.
We will all be wishing we were there with you.
lol! While you were typing that I was thinking 'won't be long before they are all complaining it is 'too hot' to take their dogs out'

You definitely PICKED THE RIGHT PUP!
(when I got Bella I did what everyone knew I would do. Picked the half dead one no one else would want! Turned out all OK in the end though - but does she appreciate it? NOOOO!!)

Do you fancy nipping over to help me pick the right moggy?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-05-2014, 06:26 PM
Ok could do with a holiday. See you tomorrow, got to be back by Tuesday in case Elaine comes over to visit.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >