Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2013, 09:22 PM

Hate ignorant people

While out walking the dogs with my son 4, we went through a bit of the field that's fenced in while they are digging it up to build there, so 6ft fencing except for a few gaps, a lady with her dog was on the outside of the fence.
Samson noticed and watched them then carried on playing, we passed then she turned back on herself and walked in the same direction as us, Samson showed interest that they were there but was right near me off lead and she was still behind the fencing, when she shouted over 'can you keep your dog over there please' which I was anyway.
I know some people need to ask for space, but she had it, she had followed us and then told me to keep my dog away?? I don't get it, was it because she saw his breed? If she had a nervy dog or anti social dog then why follow us, makes me sad to think people are so judgemental
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2013, 09:28 PM
I know what you mean..people are just so odd sometimes...if not down right rude!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2013, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
I know what you mean..people are just so odd sometimes...if not down right rude!
Sorry OP.Hope you don't mind but recommended you regarding query posted by waggytail on page 2
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2013, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Sorry OP.Hope you don't mind but recommended you regarding query posted by waggytail on page 2
Ooo I'll have a look now xx
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2013, 09:45 PM
Can't find it. What's the name of the thread?
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2013, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Can't find it. What's the name of the thread?
A dictionary of behaviour and training terminology
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-07-2013, 05:36 AM
Maybe and she should of explained if its the case she was trying to get her dog over a fear.
Following at a distance may of been what she has been advised to do but hadn't thought the need to explain her actions. Which isn't helpful to you and makes her look like she is being a nuisance.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2013, 06:59 AM
Yes maybe she was training with her dog Lynn, I hadn't thought, she is playing a dangerous game by assuming if so because it wasn't so long ago that Samson would have bounded over like a looney, she just said it so loudly and accusatory that it got me cross, I was a bit rude and just turned away and signalled Samson to come with me without replying, so she was probably left feeling a little miffed too.
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2013, 07:11 AM
It is so irritating when things like that happen and I would bet my bottom dollar it was because of the breed of your dog.

I have the same problem all the time and it drives me mad. There is a woman that walks in my area with two little fluffy yappy numbers (don't know the breed) and when she sees me coming she virtually climbs into the hedge - brambles if necessary, I saunter on like I haven't noticed. Incidentally this is when he is on a short lead and a very secure harness. If he was loose I think she'd dig a big hole and throw herself in it.

I did get very irritated though when she told someone that if that "pit-bull" (he's a staffie!) comes near me I'm going to hit it hard with a stick - she clearly relishes hospital food.

I think we just have to roll with it - safe and secure in the knowledge that we are responsible good dog owners. At the end of the day there will always be someone to annoy us.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2013, 07:26 AM
Hi Baxter, I know our dogs know no difference if people avoid them and get scared, but I love my dog and look after him well, it makes me sad that people judge before knowing, I too encounter a guy round here who goes right off the beaten track to avoid us, I always clipSamson onlead if I see people approach with dogs and pass then let him off again, unless I know them or they appear from nowhere. Oh well let's see what today brings
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >