Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 06:29 AM

Lily After Her Hard Days Work

This was my lovely Lily last night after working from 8.30 am till 6.30pm yesterday on the greyhound homer stand. She had workedher little socks off solidly in the heat.
Back again to do it all over again today.

Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2013, 06:48 AM
Oh Lily where is mum sitting ?

She looks cream crackered Bev. Bet you are too.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 06:52 AM
Wonderful pic! Oh bless her! Is this a sort of meet and greet different breeds thingie?

If so I bet she is a marvellous ambassador for her breed.

Look at that long tail!
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-06-2013, 06:57 AM
Ah bless her having her well earned rest. Well done Lily for helping your less fortunate friends find loving homes
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 06:59 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Oh Lily where is mum sitting ?

She looks cream crackered Bev. Bet you are too.
Silly question Lynn. I was on the hard floor of course

Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Wonderful pic! Oh bless her! Is this a sort of meet and greet different breeds thingie?

If so I bet she is a marvellous ambassador for her breed.

Look at that long tail!
Its on the greyhound homer stand at a show, meeting and greeting people and other dogs showing what great pets greyhounds make and hopefully finding people who would be interested in homing a retired greyhound. We got some very good possible homes yesterday and hopefully will be just as succesful today.
Lily works by stepping out in front of people as they come past so they have to fuss her and then that strikes up a conversation about greyhounds as pets.
Lily is brilliant at it and works tirelessly all day. Although by mid afternoon yesterday she had gone into a sort of robotic state and done it on auto pilot just looking straight through the people she was stopping
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 07:04 AM
Originally Posted by brophy View Post
Ah bless her having her well earned rest. Well done Lily for helping your less fortunate friends find loving homes
She is still fast asleep now, couldn't even wake up for her breakfast. I am sure she will spring to life when she sees me wearing my greyhound homer T.shirt, she knows that means we are off working.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 07:05 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Silly question Lynn. I was on the hard floor of course

Its on the greyhound homer stand at a show, meeting and greeting people and other dogs showing what great pets greyhounds make and hopefully finding people who would be interested in homing a retired greyhound. We got some very good possible homes yesterday and hopefully will be just as succesful today.
Lily works by stepping out in front of people as they come past so they have to fuss her and then that strikes up a conversation about greyhounds as pets.
Lily is brilliant at it and works tirelessly all day. Although by mid afternoon yesterday she had gone into a sort of robotic state and done it on auto pilot just looking straight through the people she was stopping
Oh she deserves a medal! I hope she doesnt' get too worn out today. Lots of spoiling in order after this methinks! And yes she deserves that sofa all to herself!
IloveBlenheims
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-06-2013, 08:33 AM
A well earned rest, bless her. Such a noble cause. Does she accept hugs from strangers? If so, give her one from me.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

30-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Aw bless! Lovely photo

Thanks for sharing :
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-06-2013, 10:20 AM
Lily is gorgeous and a credit to you Bev. You both do such wonderful things for Greyhound re-homing.

Massive (((hugs))) for you both! xxx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >