Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2013, 05:54 PM

Day one... so far so good!

I let Jade sniff around his crate early this morning. Surprisingly enough, she didn't go berserk, or super snarl, or bark her head off.. or anything! No raised hackles, no MEGA tense posture, she initially did so well! She did rather well and within a short amount of time.

I let Nigredo out and kept her on a lead and this was the result. I took her muzzle off as well because I know her and I can tell when she's going to be a meanie head. She did well, I think.

I'm sure with time, they will learn to at least tolerate each other without me fearing she will hurt him. Note that he is most likely going to be larger than her, so this might bode in my favor if all goes as planned. She is a bossy bitch and the main reason she did okay with Brownie was because he was bigger than her, and male.

He isn't aggressive or standoffish, he only wants to play and doesn't understand why she's so STILL and boring! He DOES need to learn to STOP yapping in both her and the cats faces, but he is responding to no a bit better and I don't think it will be a problem.

I see a moderator (thankfully) locked the thread, so I'm going to put it all behind me and move on with my plans for our future. Wish me luck!
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2013, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post

I let Jade sniff around his crate early this morning. Surprisingly enough, she didn't go berserk, or super snarl, or bark her head off.. or anything! No raised hackles, no MEGA tense posture, she initially did so well! She did rather well and within a short amount of time.

I let Nigredo out and kept her on a lead and this was the result. I took her muzzle off as well because I know her and I can tell when she's going to be a meanie head. She did well, I think.

I'm sure with time, they will learn to at least tolerate each other without me fearing she will hurt him. Note that he is most likely going to be larger than her, so this might bode in my favor if all goes as planned. She is a bossy bitch and the main reason she did okay with Brownie was because he was bigger than her, and male.

He isn't aggressive or standoffish, he only wants to play and doesn't understand why she's so STILL and boring! He DOES need to learn to STOP yapping in both her and the cats faces, but he is responding to no a bit better and I don't think it will be a problem.

I see a moderator (thankfully) locked the thread, so I'm going to put it all behind me and move on with my plans for our future. Wish me luck!
Hi Keep on with good work crystalgirl
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2013, 06:30 PM
Yes, crystalgirl. I'm going to work hard for both of the dogs, for a long time. They are doing well and I'm sure they will learn to get along just fine.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2013, 07:10 PM
Well done . All the videos I've seen you post in the past (with Jade and Brownie) including the two on the other section today/yesterday, it was always Jade who was submissive to Brownie so I don't think she is a naturally vicious dog. Hopefully because your pup is male they may well got on - I do hope so.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2013, 07:13 PM
I meant to say, if anything this video also shows her being very polite to your pup and on quite a few occasions Jade looks round to you for reassurance whilst wagging her tail.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Just a tip...I see a ball there between them....it would be an idea to remove all things that could cause tension or guarding...balls,bones,toys.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

23-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Well done Both seem to get on well together.

Thanks for sharing
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2013, 12:29 AM
Yes, everyone. Thanks a lot. Jade IS a submissive beta female dog. Brownie was an alpha male but he did love females and he put up with her snippiness VERY well. They are doing well together.

Me and my mother have been ARGUING about this entire thing.

For now, I'm going to bring her inside all day long where she can stay with me and Nigredo. She'll be walked with him, since I know it's safe and she'll be in the house all day long. I'll look after her, bathe her, brush her, clip her nails, etc.

Because of feeding issues, she'll be brought outside at night (reverse from what she had been doing) to be fed and watered. We are going to TAKE TURNS keeping her cage clean and it should do much better because I'll have her all day long and there will be way less potty in the cage.

I'll see to it that her water outside stays clean and have her offered fresh water all the time indoors. I'm hoping that, with time... I can get to where she can stay inside all the time, sleep inside etc.

My mother and I have made an UNEASY truce, but I am really trying.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2013, 12:30 AM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Just a tip...I see a ball there between them....it would be an idea to remove all things that could cause tension or guarding...balls,bones,toys.

Hi, Jade has never guarded anything like toys, only food, which I knew to remove... and he doesn't guard food or toys, but you're right. He had the ball and it rolled over near her and he was too jumpy to try and get it back, though of course she didn't want it.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2013, 10:48 AM
Ok
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >