Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2012, 11:50 AM

Why would people do that??? Fireworks

Heard this from friends last night
They were pulled over by two very shaken up girls on horses
The girls asking if they happened to spot the reg of the car that would have just passed them on the road

apparently the people in the car as they drove past chucked a firework at the horses!!

Friends helped the girls check them over for burns and stuff and the horses (and girls) are thankfully OK - amazing the girls managed to keep the horses calm enough

But ffs!!! Who would do something like that!! - and what on earth were they driving round ready to chuck fireworks out their cat for???

I used to love fireworks but Im afraid now I question whether the general public should be able to buy them
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2012, 11:54 AM
How awful That could have been so serious. Did the girls telephone the police with a description of the car etc? If not, they should.
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Disgusting! I really have no idea why the sale of what is essentially explosives is on sale to the general public! Down at my mums there was a spate a few years ago of kids putting them through letter boxes.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
How awful That could have been so serious. Did the girls telephone the police with a description of the car etc? If not, they should.
Yup, horrible to think what might have happened! They have reported it - but no chance of the police finding them ulesss they do it again

Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
Disgusting! I really have no idea why the sale of what is essentially explosives is on sale to the general public! Down at my mums there was a spate a few years ago of kids putting them through letter boxes.
Yeah I had that happen once before I got Ben. I was out at the time thankfully and it only sligttly scorched a bit of the carpet - cant imagine what it would have been like if I was in the house - or if I had had dos then
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Disgusting having been on a horse frightned for its life after a car revving up behind him under a bridge many years ago and knowing the consequences of that accident although luckily we were surprisingly lucky it doesn't bear thinking about how bad this could of been.

Hopefully the police will be patrolling more frequently while fireworks are on sale. Damn things should be under license only and not sold to the general public.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2012, 03:30 PM
People are so stupid round horses (well some not all)
I remember as a kid there were about 10 of us on a treck - we were negotiating a gate when some fool went over the cattle grid at about 60. Thankfully my horse just had a little stomp - but one of my friends horses bolted and the woman leading us had to gallop across 4 fields to catch them - so scary!
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2012, 03:40 PM
I do wonder how many people think they shouldn't be banned?
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-10-2012, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
Disgusting! I really have no idea why the sale of what is essentially explosives is on sale to the general public! .
Couldn't agree more.
There are all manner of laws for knives and guns, yet neatly packaged explosive devices can be bought in supermarkets ! usually on BOGOF .
Fireworks should only be allowed at organised events, not available to anybody.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2012, 04:29 PM
I hate for anything to have to be banned, but having read this story, I am warming to the idea. The idiot who threw the fireworks at the horse probably had no idea that he himself could have been very seriously injured or even killed had the horse truly freaked, bolted and ended up going through the windscreen of the car - this is not an uncommon occurrence in horse RTA's, and for those people who think it is funny to scare a horse with their car should think on what could be the consequences for them.

I am so glad these girls were such skilled riders that they could control their horses - I'm not sure I am a good enough rider to have been so lucky.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by celli View Post
Couldn't agree more.
There are all manner of laws for knives and guns, yet neatly packaged explosive devices can be bought in supermarkets ! usually on BOGOF .
Fireworks should only be allowed at organised events, not available to anybody.
Yup, I agree.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >