View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-06-2012, 03:08 PM

Thats better. Dillons hydro session today.

Lucy who looked after Ollie was on duty today. she was in her element having Dillon to play with and was going to tell Nadia later that she had been having cuddles.

I asked about putting him on the treadmill as he thrashes and and flails about in the pool and is actually not doing what he is supposed to do. I also said I thought he was building muscle up form his exercise he gets daily now.

In the tank he went with Lucy and they started to fill it up he didn't get long today as we caught them on the hop so it wasn't ready for him but it was much better he had a little swim but mostly walked resisting the water. If Lucy sat down it sent the water level up so he got his paws off the ground if she stood his paws touched the floor.

We were able to stand at the front and call him and feed him treats and stroke him so that all helped. He will be sticking with that from now on. He was a little tentative but his eyes weren't out on stalks and he wasn't in a distressed state like he is with the pool.

Lucy was actually impressed with his haunches and how solid they were she said his muscle is good. So exercising him everyday has helped him to build up that lost muscle he lost in that month we were told to rest him.

Only 7 to go Dillon.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Oh bless, what a brave man he was today, with mummy giving him reassurance and treats at the helm. I'm wondering if you took him down the beach and went in for a swim with him (to teach him like I had to with Zena!), it might give him more confidence for when those legs are off the floor, you never know, he might actually get to enjoy it too!

If you walk through the water knee high, Dillon will also probably be knee high knowing the size of that big fluffy bear, then that can only help to build up muscle too can't it? Not everyday of course, but now and again, then you can go deeper.....and deeper.......and deeper like we did?

It must have made you feel heaps better not seeing those eyes out on stalks with sheer terror today Lynn, long may it continue.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Oh how brave Dillon. I'd love to do Hydro with my two but the only places around here are either expensive, need a vet referral or are too far away. So lakes will do for now

Lynn - no pictures?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-06-2012, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh bless, what a brave man he was today, with mummy giving him reassurance and treats at the helm. I'm wondering if you took him down the beach and went in for a swim with him (to teach him like I had to with Zena!), it might give him more confidence for when those legs are off the floor, you never know, he might actually get to enjoy it too!

If you walk through the water knee high, Dillon will also probably be knee high knowing the size of that big fluffy bear, then that can only help to build up muscle too can't it? Not everyday of course, but now and again, then you can go deeper.....and deeper.......and deeper like we did?

It must have made you feel heaps better not seeing those eyes out on stalks with sheer terror today Lynn, long may it continue.
Thanks Helena unfortunately we are a long way away from beaches. It was nice not to see the fear in his eyes today.

Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Oh how brave Dillon. I'd love to do Hydro with my two but the only places around here are either expensive, need a vet referral or are too far away. So lakes will do for now

Lynn - no pictures?
Sorry not today will remember the camera next time. Its £35.69 with vat here for Dillon at the RVC insurance paying as he was a referrral.

I think lakes and ponds are just as good if your dogs like swimming of their own accord.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2012, 08:26 PM
Ah bless him Lynn that's great news xx
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2012, 08:32 PM
Well done, Dylan.

xx
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2012, 09:13 PM
Wonderful news, you must feel so much happier about taking him for his therapy now.

Good boy Dillon.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-06-2012, 05:43 AM
How good to hear that Dillon was not so frightened - mahoosive huggles for the big brave boy! xxx