Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-05-2012, 01:50 PM

Oh dear oh dear.

What dreadful customer service from the post office.

I received some parcels yesterday in jiffy bags mostly Dillons and one for Gorden. Started to unwrap the packages from their elastic bands only to find a fifth one at the bottom of the pile. Same house number different estate.

I rang the post office to explain and she asked would I be redelivering or would I like them to pick it up. My reply it was your sorting offices mistake we often get this and yes I have complained before so you can get someone to pick it up. We will pick it up Thursday. I pointed out this customer had paid for a first class delivery and wasn't that a bit out of order as he would most likely not get it till Friday. Something must of gone in a postman knocked this morning for the packet.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 06:47 PM
I think that the postmen/woman are under a lot of pressure these days to do more in less time. We frequently get other peoples mail, I just stick it in the letterbox for them to collect on their next visit.

I once moaned because our postlady hadn't knocked on our door when there was a parcel to be signed for (I had to drive into the town to pick it up) she had been given two rounds to do that day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-05-2012, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
I think that the postmen/woman are under a lot of pressure these days to do more in less time. We frequently get other peoples mail, I just stick it in the letterbox for them to collect on their next visit.

I once moaned because our postlady hadn't knocked on our door when there was a parcel to be signed for (I had to drive into the town to pick it up) she had been given two rounds to do that day.
It isn't the foot postman I think its the sorting office and they keep doing it. Normally when its letters I catch the postman or keep it for the next day and give it back but this was a packet that was underneath all the correct mail.