Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 09:57 AM

Meeting up with a policewoman & her shepherd

....on Friday, in the hope that I can walk him on a regular basis each day with Zena, coz they are both police officers and she can't handle the dog and the pushchair and he's busy at work.

Wish me luck that Zena behaves herself with him, although we've just spent an hour on the phone chatting away, he sounds a gorgeous boy, he's soft and daft as a brush, always submissive even though he too (just like Zena) has been attacked many a time by terriers hanging off him, he's only 2 years old, ultra friendly but very strong, so I'm sure they will get on like a house on fire, plus I'll be earning some dosh in the process!

Better be on my best behaviour for this one with them both being police officers I do hope I don't fall in love with him and decided to steal him coz he's a longcoat too and sounds to look just like Zena, so I'd have a matching pair lol!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-09-2011, 09:59 AM
Good luck sounds like you will have fun.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 10:05 AM
Am sure you'll have a fantastic time with the 2 of them. Aren't they about the same age too? Or is Zena about the same age as my Yiannis (almost 3)? Or am I thinking of someone else's dog altogether?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 10:10 AM
Thanks Lynn, it'll be absolutely fantastic for Zena to run with a fellow shepherd coz we have only done that with her sister, we don't see many down here and the ones we do see are always onlead and aggressive (such a shame).

Yes Stumpy, she's 2 herself and will be 3 in November, and hopefully, he'll be giving her a good run for her money! I can walk up there for almost 2 hours, I walked there with Claire (Lilypup) and her two the other week, it's a fab walk and this is where they live, which means a car journey over there to pick him up first if I do end up walking him, but only a short one, and well worth it.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 11:11 AM
Hooray - another longcoat to run Zena with You must take your camera and get LOADS of photos!!!

Have fun!
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 12:43 PM
Just what I was going to say. Make sure you take loads of pics.
Fingers crossed they get on like a house on fire xx
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 02:07 PM
Have you told Zena yet ? I bet she is counting the sleeps isn't she? lol

You will have a brill time with them both. Its the best thing to see two dogs play together
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 03:12 PM
Hope everything goes well and that Zena has a great time, it'll be great for her spending some mad time with one her own age.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 03:27 PM
ooooo hope they get on and it will do wonders for Zena to have a playmate give Georgie bit of a break, love him xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Hooray - another longcoat to run Zena with You must take your camera and get LOADS of photos!!!

Have fun!
Oh I will Kirsty!!!

Originally Posted by Berger View Post
Just what I was going to say. Make sure you take loads of pics.
Fingers crossed they get on like a house on fire xx
I hope they do, I've had 2 gsd's snapping and snarling at her and yet she's not answered them back at all, so maybe she likes her own kind, finger's crossed, I'm sure she will love him!

Originally Posted by Deb/Pugglepup View Post
Have you told Zena yet ? I bet she is counting the sleeps isn't she? lol

You will have a brill time with them both. Its the best thing to see two dogs play together
Lol, no better not tell Zena just yet had I!!! She has issues with dogs who give her an attitude, but if he's as daft as she says, both with people and dogs, then we'll be fine I'm sure. She says he too has been launched at and attacked by terriers in the past and he's never one retaliated, so hopefully they'll have a lot of fun together with no punch ups lol!

Originally Posted by Gellygoo View Post
Hope everything goes well and that Zena has a great time, it'll be great for her spending some mad time with one her own age.
Yes, she does love the youngsters, always has, and I loved seeing her running and playing with her sister when we met up at the show last year even though she growled at Zena at first coz she didn't remember who she was lol!

Originally Posted by girliebiker View Post
ooooo hope they get on and it will do wonders for Zena to have a playmate give Georgie bit of a break, love him xx
Lol, yes it'll give poor old Georgieboy a break won't it, but I hope it doesn't make her go off him altogether once she's found a younger version!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >