Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 05:30 AM

Good morning everyone - Tuesday!

Morning all,

Another hot one is predicted and I’m very grateful to have aircon in my office. It was like an ice box yesterday

Rumour has it my off sick lady may be back tomorrow, depending on what the doctor says today – I could really do with her, so fingers crossed.

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe.

Today's gem:
Why is it that lemon juice contains mostly artificial ingredients but dishwashing liquid contains real lemons?
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 05:59 AM
Morning Vicki and all,
I had a perfect but tiring day yesterday at the beach and pier with the grandchildren. I was out from 8.30 yesterday morning till 9pm last night so feel very stiff and shattered this morning.
A very busy day today again though as this morning I am out shadowing my friend doing her care work so I can stand in for her if she needs time off for any reason. Then this afternoon I am out sorting and walking the route for an organised greyhound walk. Unfortunatly it will be too hot to take mine so they will get have to wait for a walk till the evening.
Have a good day everyone and I hope your sick lady comes back Vicki.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-08-2011, 06:05 AM
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 06:08 AM
Morning Vicki, Bev, Safta and everyone

Hope she comes in today and helps you out Vicki, and glad you enjoyed your long, but tiring day yesterday Bev, I bet those kids are a bit cream crackered too!

Gonna be hot, hot, hot down here again today. Yesterday we went swimming and I didn't realise the tide would be quite that high, so had to wade in to get Zena to swim, in me cotton cut offs, much to some people's amusement, so the car seat is gonna be nice and wet for me this morning! We'll be going down there earlier this morning and I will remember to put my cozzie on underneath the trousers so I can take them off!

I do hope I get a phone call from the agents about the people I showed around last night coz I have a feeling they might comit Dave is still like a zombie, but he's going in to organise the workforce, push a bit of paper around and then come home for a lie down. I told him it doesn't matter if he comes home twice a day and just spends an hour in there each time, it helps them out, it's what he wants to do, but he's promised me he won't stay after lunchtime even if he doesn't pop home at all. We'll see.

I got up at 4 am to let Zena out, who didn't want to go out, she had only woken up to change beds so in comes Georgie, and 10 mins later he wants to go back out!

I must ring my best pal coz it's her birthday today. Funny, but all my close friends have birthdays in August, just like Dave, they're all Leo's how strange is that?!

Enjoy yours then, stay cool it's gonna be a scorcher
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 06:41 AM
Morning All!

Hot here already and I am dreading working in the heat! Got mild sun stroke I think yesterday, felt awful after I finished work. Bring on my lie in tomorrow wooo!

Enjoy your day all!
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 06:49 AM
Good Morning peeps

Well, day off here , 4 kids & 3 dogs to entertain plus a scorching day..hmmm what to do!?

Washing is already on the line, animals all fed & now its coffee time before I hear the sound of kids footsteps & gobs

Have a good one all xxxxx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-08-2011, 07:38 AM
My new router has been delivered and I managed to connect it [easy] and configure it [wivva bitta 'elp from my luvverly ISP techie peeps on the phone].

So I guess Dogsey is still stuck with me!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-08-2011, 07:42 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all.

I hope your lady is back tomorrow Vicki and thumbs up for who ever invented air con.

Glad you had a lovely day yesterday Bev and hope today goes well for you too.

Enjoy that swim Helena and I hope dave does as he says and comes home for lunch time and has his rest and that they can eventually get to the bottom of this for both your sakes. Good luck with the people who viewed yesterday fingers crossed for you.

I had a lovely afternoon out wth Glll yesterday. I took her out as she has a scan today which she wasn't expecting. On her last check up her cancer marker is up and really high so hence the scan today so as you can imagine she is reallys stressed and all of mums shenanigans really doesn't help. Today I am off to my friends for lunch.

Liked the gem today. Have a good day all.
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 07:51 AM
Morning all,

another hot one today, almost got caught out as had to take kodi back to his house in guildford while I went walked the other lot and almost got caught out on the A3, only use it as its faster and no traffic lights to get stuck at so the car wouldnt get hot with the dogs in it...... however as i drove off the sliproad it was all crawling

Stayed on for a bout 10 mins and then was a bit naughty and drove down a bit of the hard shoulder to get to a little junction to get the dogs out the sun... managed to find some odd little road to the top of town so didnt take long to get to K's after that!! Scared me though lol.

However its another hot one today, not really sure what to do as my garden gets full sun till the evening and my flat is like a sauna no matter what combination i do of windows open, blinds down etc.

Thinking I might take a picnic and a good book to the park and drag my mother along to laze around in a shady spot

Yay for summer hols and quiet work days

Hope everyone has a nice day!
linda murray
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-08-2011, 07:58 AM
Good morning all

I must admit as i was reading your posts i felt a pang of jealousy.

Please Please send some of that sun up here to the west of Scotland as its pouring down up here and i have just had to put my central heating on.

No beaches for me but wellies and umbrella !!!

Linda x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >