Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 12:35 PM

Boo, day 2 & 1/2

Ok well, I dropped the ball on the name thing... I'm thinking I should have called him Bonaparte! He has a Napolean complex a mile wide!!! He resource guards big time... any and all resources, from his bed, to me, toys, food, everything he may consider his.... He also gets really mad if you want him to do something... like walk this way, instead of that way... ha ha

we have alot of work cut out for us! fortunately I am pretty good with this kind of issue, so he will stay confined to his x-pen, unless he's on a leash with me. he will not be set up to fail. I am hand feeding him, and working on some basic stuff at the same time, he's already learned to touch my palm with his nose.

Right now I am sitting on the floor with Boo on one side of me, Mouse on the other side, and Oliver on the chair at my back... LOL The dogs are all doing great with eachother... as long as Boo doesn't have something to guard. He only guard's me if he's in my lap, so no lap for him, and all's quiet!

I got some more pics today, of Mouse and Boo together... i was attempting to get pics that show the size difference, and pics of how cute a couple they make! LOL I cant wait to show them off together!

OMG While I was waiting for my pics to download while writing this... Ollie got Boo to play with him!!! his foster Mom said that he doesn't interact much with other dogs but OMG they're really having a wrestle!!! SOOOO CUTE! Ollie's playing with him exactly the same way he plays with Mouse!!! Ollie's such a great man! Little dogs, apparently even older male's get treated sooo gently! I was so worried about how Oliver would do with Boo, but apparently, I do not have to worry!!! I got pics of that too, but you'll have to wait 'till later to get them!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Oh so glad he's coming along! And jeez he's way bigger than Mouse - they look so cute together - although he doesnt look to happy keep us posted and definately more pictures!!

BTW where do you get those collars from?
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 01:41 PM
I got them from a booth at the dog show here. They are AWESOME!!! Martingale collars, that are machine washable, strong, and wont break coat.... every one of my dogs have them now. I even bought the one for Boo, even though I wasn't positive I was getting him yet. Oliver's had his for a year, and it hasn't shown a bit of wear. the next dog show, in April, I may just buy a bunch more... stock up!

boo wasn't happy, because i was making him stay in one spot... believe me, it took a long time to get him and Mouse staying there... alot of blocking LOL
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 01:45 PM
Bless him - mardy s*d - he'll be right thats a bit of yorkshire for you there

Sadie's collar is showing wear and tear becuase she had Louie forever chewing on it when he was younger - me screaming "That cost me £6 you little toerag!!!" Then Louie has one simular but I'm not sure I like it - they have padding on the inside of one bit supposed to cushion it against their necks or something but I dunno i'm being faddy

Hope he comes around soon
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 02:25 PM
How lovely to see him with the others, I'm truly hoping that everything stays as smooth as it is and he fits in as perfectly as the others xx
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 03:08 PM
That's great, Ollie getting Boo to play, hopefully it will build his confidence even more, they're really lovely little dogs
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2010, 08:11 AM
I'm so pleased that everything is going so smoothly, little boo has totally fallen on his feet, and he and mouse are the mist adorable pair!
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2010, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by Jessi Clark View Post
I'm so pleased that everything is going so smoothly, little boo has totally fallen on his feet, and he and mouse are the mist adorable pair!
He and mouse are sooo cute together... unfortunately neither are that interested in eachother... both are more interested in Oliver! LOL They certainly didn't want to be that close to eachother... but I just HAD to get some pics of them side by side LOL

I am so glad I got Boo, with all his aggressive tendencies, i'm not sure he would have stayed in a home for the rest of his days... with so many already, he should never have to move again. I'm really glad his moving from home to home hasn't caused any worse issues! He is a great little guy, and is an awesome addition to my little pack!
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Lovely to know Boo has a brilliant home and is settling in well. I love his colouring on his face - looks like someone has come along and painted half of him.