Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2010, 05:01 PM

Insurance vaccination policy

I know some insurances become invalid if you do not vaccinate every year. This is despite recommendations from the vaccine company that they are not needed every year. I know that petplan only exclude illnesses that could be vaccinated against but will cover other illnesses. Are there any other insurance companies that will do this?
JackieandMia
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-09-2010, 05:24 PM
I think most insurance companys will only exclude an illness that the dog could of been vaccinated against rather than every illness.
I've never come across an insurance comapny that invalidate the whole policy but i guess there are a few out there.
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Well I've just spoken to Axa who said the whole policy would be invalid if I did not vaccinate yearly. Pity because I had heard they were good value.
JackieandMia
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-09-2010, 05:48 PM
That surprises me because i was insured with a company underwritten by AXA and never had a problem and was never even asked if either of my dogs (had 2 then) had up to date vaccinations and i claimed thousands.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2010, 06:33 PM
All the policies I`ve had (Sainsburies, Tesco and one I can`t remember) have stated that dogs will not be insured for the illnesses they could be vaccinated for. One accepted homeopathic nosodes instead though, as far as I can remember.
Crichton
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Possibly the person at AXA got it wrong as my dogs are insured with them and the policies clearly state that only illnesses that could have prevented by vaccination will not be covered
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2010, 06:46 AM
Most insurance companies only exclude the illnesses they could have been vaccinated against.
Check the wording carefully however as a lot of policies say must be vaccinated reguarly as to your vets reccomendations or words to that effect. In this case you could titre test and if your vet says you then don't need a booster you have a good case that you are vaccinating as he has reccomended.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-09-2010, 06:51 AM
Direct Line and Virgin are two that will cover all illness except those that aren't vaccinated against unless your vet has advised against vaccination and advised homeopathic nosodes or forfeit vaccination of any kind.
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2010, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by Crichton View Post
Possibly the person at AXA got it wrong as my dogs are insured with them and the policies clearly state that only illnesses that could have prevented by vaccination will not be covered
I rang them again and the person I spoke to checked with someone more senior. Apparently the policy has changed recently and vaccinations have to be given yearly otherwise the whole policy becomes invalid.
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2010, 10:56 AM
Direct Line looks very reasonable. Has anyone any experience of them?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >