Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-12-2010, 02:04 PM

Brother update.

For those of you that knew my situation yesterday.

He rang back this morning I was out so Gorden dealt with it explained it all and for once he listened and Gorden said mum has not told you all the story she has made it sound like it is me trying to get her too move so Gorden told him straight it was her consultant and whatever I said or did it would not make an ounce of difference it is out of my hands.

He explained it is now medical. Muscle wastage, thinning bones and reflex problems that are causing all the falls and he wants her moved because she needs full time care as per what the doctor at the hospital said 3 weeks ago and her GP. He seems to of taken it on board, Gorden also pointed out it is not him or our other brother getting the middle of the night calls and spending endless hours in casualty.

He also reminded him of all the hard work I did giving her the ability to stay in the house as long as she has by working my butt off getting stair lifts boilers etc., in place.

He is going to convince her too at least take a look and will take on the responsibility of this lot. No apology though still can't expect miracles.

Thank goodness for Gorden.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2010, 02:56 PM
Yaay a step forward hopefully and maybe a good thing your husband spoke to him(i know i used to get quite emotional and bit overheated at times in similar situations), well done Gordon and you for coping so well with everything. Hope things get better for you all and your Mum is ok.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2010, 03:14 PM
Well done Gorden.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2010, 04:24 PM
Awww well done Gorden, that was probably the best thing to have happened Lynn, it may just make your brother understand a bit better.

Hope things are ok with you today xxx
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Can Gorden set my brother straight too?

I dont know you're situation but I'm glad it's looking up
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 06:46 AM
Gorden's a star...... and so polite too..... not so sure I would have had that amount of self-restraint, considering how upset you were, Lynn....

x0x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-12-2010, 07:42 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Gorden's a star...... and so polite too..... not so sure I would have had that amount of self-restraint, considering how upset you were, Lynn....

x0x
He is a star and I was very grateful he dealt with it I know at the moment the slightst thing and I am in tears.

The thing that throws my brother is people letting him have is rant then you being quiet. Gorden used his Samaritans training on him in the end he got long pauses and Gorden was able too tell him exactly what was going on and why.

I was very upset when Gorden told me he thinks this is down too me after everything I have done too keep her in that booming house. Believe me he got a few home truths in a quiet manner.