Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 12:38 PM

Cat reported for frightening dog

A pet owner has been reported to the Scottish SPCA after her cat reportedly attacked a dog.

Angela Blanchard, from Cruden Bay, said she was shocked by a visit from welfare officers after her cat Rosie attacked the dog in a school playground.

Mrs Blanchard admitted four-year-old Rosie did not like dogs but said she was bemused the incident had been reported to the authorities.

The SSPCA has told Mrs Blanchard to monitor Rosie's behaviour.
'Calm down'

Mrs Blanchard described Rosie as "laid back" but acknowledged she had had "confrontations" with dogs before.

She said: "She's not aggressive."

Mrs Blanchard said Rosie was fond of spending time in a neighbouring school playground, being petted by pupils and had come to view the area as "her territory".

However, on Wednesday, she reportedly attacked a dog that had wandered into the grounds.

Mrs Blanchard said: "Apparently when she attacked the dog, they had to report it.

"The SSPCA asked me if she had been neutered because that's the best way to calm her down but I told them she had."

She added: "What really surprised me is that someone contacted the SSPCA."

The Scottish SPCA confirmed that it had received a call to its animal helpline about Rosie's behaviour and had spoken to her owner.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...d/10136177.stm
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 12:59 PM
Daisy says
I once had a cat come out of gardens to have a pop at my GSDs . The owner was standing there so I told him to control his cat!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 01:42 PM
Well my cat Polly says....beware Cat lives here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remembering when my neighbours dog had a pop at her and ran down the road, we all thought...God he has her in his mouth....OH !!!!!!!!!

No such thing he was running because she had wrapped herself around his face and was bitting chunks out of him

Luckily my neighbour didn;t report us to the RSPCA
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-05-2010, 01:48 PM
There use too be a cat that use too attack dogs round here.

He leapt out at Max once and scratched his nose and made it bleed. Max hated walking past that garden in the future. We didn't report it though. Partly because he got his nose scratched a second time by our cat but this time it was his fault, his nose bled then too.
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 02:48 PM
our cat used to sit on the windows sills of houses occupied by dogs in our street and clean herself used to drive the dogs bonkers
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Well Dylan and Lily would like it to be known they consider themselves to be very lucky that the cats they live with allow them to be there. They know their place!!
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 03:34 PM
I had a cat that used to sit on the fence and drop down on unsuspecting dogs and jump back up again
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-05-2010, 04:24 PM
am I really awful if I say that this made me chuckle? I have two very old cats and a pup.... the tomcat (16 years old) is the boss... no questions asked... and Tess knows it!

In my opinion this can only have happened if the dog was off lead and the cat was cornered as cats will not voluntarily put themselves in a dangerous situation (unless they are crazy)..... my response: a dog off lead in a school playground?????
dreamaday
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-05-2010, 04:25 PM
My old cat used to climb on top of my old girl Poppy and fall asleep on her, Pops looked like she could barely breathe at times!!
I half wish one of the local moggies would have a pop at Jasper, just to "teach him a lesson"!! he goes ballistic when he sees one and all attempts at decent lead walking are abandoned!
I had one the other day swaggering up the pavement towards us, Jas was going nuts, the damn cat just eyed him up cheekily then lay down on the pavement and started grooming itself and rolling round in the sun, you could see it was tormenting him!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Dougal tries to make out he's the boss but it doesn't really work unfortunately. Both cats soon let him know he's not the alpha dog;p
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >