Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2009, 02:34 PM

Driving Me Mad

Shady is huffing and puffing and pacing and whining for her run over the field. But with the amount of snow we have had I can't get my car out of the drive let alone down the roads to drive the 10 miles there, its just too dangerous.
I can't put her on a lead and just take her for a walk as she would have me over in seconds trying to eat the millions of children out there playing snowballs, thats if she didn't get eaten herself by the chavvys that are out in force with thier dogs today and who don't own a lead between them.
I've taken her in the garden and given her a little game of chase the snowball, but the gardens not very big for her to actually run in and she is so full of pent up energy.
She is driving me crazy and I'm trying to ignore her.
Now why can't she be like Kyiro who would much rather lay down and sleep in the warm than even think about venturing out in the cold. I'm having to shove him out for a wee. A walk is the last thing on his mind today LOL.
We have another severe weather warning in place for a lot more snow later today or tonight so looks like we could be housebound for a day or two yet.
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2009, 02:39 PM

she sounds just like my Shady
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2009, 03:01 PM
Sorry to hear it, Bev.
Are there any training games you could play with her to get rid of some of that pent up energy? Does she do hide and seek or something of that ilk?
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2009, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by liverbird View Post

she sounds just like my Shady
Perhaps it something in the name, perhaps I should change it to Dozer or something

Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Sorry to hear it, Bev.
Are there any training games you could play with her to get rid of some of that pent up energy? Does she do hide and seek or something of that ilk?
Tried that Pat, done some dance routines with her but no she wants her field.
Its snowing really heavily again now too
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2009, 03:29 PM
Poor Shady. Poor you. Not a lot you can do when the weather is treacherous
Sorry I can't be more help *hugs*
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-12-2009, 03:34 PM
Sorry Bev no ideas. I was going to mention the hide and seek too.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Sorry Bev no ideas. I was going to mention the hide and seek too.
Perhaps I should hide her and just not seek her then I may get some peace
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2009, 03:51 PM
Sorry to hear of the troubles you are having. The inuits are the same here where as Cassie is happy to stay on the sofa all day - The wonders of greyhounds/Lurchers!

When ours are like this they get a nice big fresh bone that been frozen, they chew on it but have to wait for it to defrost before they can really get at it. Keeps them happy for hours and they are all tuckered out from pulling at the thing!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2009, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by Razcox View Post
Sorry to hear of the troubles you are having. The inuits are the same here where as Cassie is happy to stay on the sofa all day - The wonders of greyhounds/Lurchers!

When ours are like this they get a nice big fresh bone that been frozen, they chew on it but have to wait for it to defrost before they can really get at it. Keeps them happy for hours and they are all tuckered out from pulling at the thing!
Good idea. I can't get out to get any bones now. But worth bearing in mind to get a couple in when the roads are passable again so we have thm ready for the next time.
Do they not get brittle if frozen though as Shady is a very strong chewer and has the giant nylabones with bits hanging off them within a couple of hours.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2009, 04:14 PM
Bless. It's hard when they are like that. In all honesty (and this won't help you today) I would start working with her now, incase anything like this happens again. I think it is important we teach our dogs how to settle....regardless of whether they get a walk on a given day. We build a day off into our routine and vary the time we walk everyday. I know that is hard for you with hiring the field...but it may be worth considering as there are times you just can't take them out.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >