Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 09:15 AM

What a great start to a walk.

Ok I will admit that Honey is DA while she is on lead, this steams from what I see as fear, as she was attacked by two off lead Boxers while she was on lead on her first ever walk, although she is getting better, sometimes she does have a grumble, although this has come on so much IMO, that she only grumbles when a off lead dog that she doesn't know runs straight at her, although this has never turned into a fight, now this goes onto what happened yesterday.

I was walking the dogs with their little reflective jackets on because it was dark (about 8:30 pm), and we have to go up a road where there is no street lights, but a few sercuity lights which makes things easier (although I'm going to get them lights on thier collars too to make them more visable), when all a sudden someones security light comes on, and a medium to large black cross breed comes running down the road, straight towards Honey and Diesel, and actually crashes into Honey's side, now this is way OTT for Honey (or probaly most dogs), and up comes this defensive growl from her, and a few air snaps (she never gets the dog) and Diesel is also growling on the other side, which is very rare, normally he just wants to play, and then when all this is happening I'm trying to get my two one side and the other dog the other, but it keeps coming round trying to play, things started to calm down and then the dog starts to hump Honey which sets everything off again, and then two people come down shouting about me having a aggresive dog, and if there dog is hurt or becomes aggresive they are going to sue me , so a argument follows suit, mainly me saying that they should have their dog on lead when it can't be seen and on a road, and that there lucky that Honey only did that, and that another dog might do worse etc, and they are saying that I should have her muzzled, their dog is friendly and should be able to approach other dogs without the risk of being attacked

Seriously is this a common idea, or was it just my luck that I come across them?
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 09:25 AM
What a total muppet! if they weren't in contol of their dog & let it run off,how can it be your dog's fault for goodness sake. Hope you don't run into them again.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 09:28 AM
I hope so too, I've never met them before, so fingers crossed they aren't local, and go elsewhere when I am walking my two.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 11:18 AM
what idiots! why should you have to muzzle honey when she is onlead?? thats ridiculous! they should be in control of their dog and realise that not all dogs like strange dogs charging at them, even if they do just want to play
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 11:21 AM
Dont worry hun, not your fault. Idiots!
X
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

24-10-2009, 11:22 AM
That was awful for you and I hope Honey is OK. That dog should have been on a lead and kept under control.

Hugs to Honey and hope you are OK as well.

Take care.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-10-2009, 11:27 AM
As far I am aware the dog shouldn't be out on a public right of way without a lead did it have a collar and identity on ?

If not and you found out where the dog came from they could be in serious trouble not you. Some people beggar belief.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 12:33 PM
It doesn't matter whether either of your dogs is aggressive or not, you had them both on the lead, they weren't running amock around other dogs, so it's totally, utterly, their fault for letting their dog even approach yours!!!! If either of my dogs ran over to an onlead dog and they got attacked it is their fault not the other dog owner who was doing just as you were, and that is why, I pick and choose who they can and can't approach when offlead it makes sense imo! I hope you gave them a good ole mouthful!!!! Don't worry about their pathetic attempt to blame you, nothing will come of it if that's what's worrying you, they're idiots!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
what idiots! why should you have to muzzle honey when she is onlead?? thats ridiculous! they should be in control of their dog and realise that not all dogs like strange dogs charging at them, even if they do just want to play
Hopefully they will learn that not all dogs like it, but I bet that they don't, what worries me though is a dog called Logi bear that I know, he's a akita that was used as kind of a bait dog for another Akita when he was little, and he is very DA, I dread to think what will happen to this dog if it runs up to him one night.

Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
Dont worry hun, not your fault. Idiots!
X
Thanks, and they are aren't they, and at the expense of their dog too, I really hope that they wise up soon.

Originally Posted by Brandykins View Post
That was awful for you and I hope Honey is OK. That dog should have been on a lead and kept under control.

Hugs to Honey and hope you are OK as well.

Take care.
Honey is fine, I hope that she doesn't revert back to hating all dogs while she is on lead though, thats a bit of a worry.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
As far I am aware the dog shouldn't be out on a public right of way without a lead did it have a collar and identity on ?

If not and you found out where the dog came from they could be in serious trouble not you. Some people beggar belief.
I didn't look for any id, although it had a collar on, I'll try and find out who they are.

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
It doesn't matter whether either of your dogs is aggressive or not, you had them both on the lead, they weren't running amock around other dogs, so it's totally, utterly, their fault for letting their dog even approach yours!!!! If either of my dogs ran over to an onlead dog and they got attacked it is their fault not the other dog owner who was doing just as you were, and that is why, I pick and choose who they can and can't approach when offlead it makes sense imo! I hope you gave them a good ole mouthful!!!! Don't worry about their pathetic attempt to blame you, nothing will come of it if that's what's worrying you, they're idiots!
I agree, although I'm worried now that Honey could revert in her training, or that the dog will run up to the wrong dog as there owners have no clue, why oh why don't people need to take classes before being allowed to own a dog?
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2009, 06:57 PM
Even Rufus who is the least aggressive dog you could meet, starts to growl and snap at persistent dogs who try to hump him so it's no wonder your dog did this. I wouldn't worry about it or them!