Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2009, 07:38 PM

Started Proper Training Club tonight with Zena

Well, what can I say, she was an absolute STAR tonight and even the trainer complemented me on her good behaviour, and the other trainer said "well, you know what you're doing don't you"!!!! I have given myself and Zena a big pat on the back for tonight, but watch this space coz anything can happen with her a few more weeks down the line! Lol! 12 gruelling weeks this time, with homework toboot and I'm actually loving it! Totally different to that stupid puppy class we went to for six weeks,but I suppose that helped us to get where we are now, onwards and upwards for me and Zena

You were right Mich, training IS fun...... at last!!! These people know how to teach us properly!!!!
Penry
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Babe, what can I say . . . . . . You have a wonderful young girl in Zena and you both are putting a lot of effort into achieving your goal.

Well done to both of you.

x x x x x x
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Really glad you are enjoying it!! Zena will enjoy it as well. I attend a GSD Club Training Class on a Sunday and mine absolutely love it!! They are extremely strict and demanding and mine have to work really hard to reach their high standards. They are totally whacked when they get home
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2009, 08:37 PM
yey! thats wonderful.!!!!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2009, 06:30 AM
Fab news. Enjoy, Aitch! Zena will excel, I'm sure
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2009, 07:21 AM
Fair play to both of you and your hard with her this far is obviously paying off if the trainers notice it, but as you say she is a little star anyway. Keep up the good work. I think the ring is calling!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-04-2009, 07:22 AM
Good to hear you and Zena are having so much fun.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2009, 07:23 AM
That's great Helena, your hard work is paying off!!
Now you make sure you do your homework otherwise you will be getting into trouble with the teacher.
I knew Zena would be a star she is such a clever girlie.
Well done to you both
Elaine xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2009, 11:44 AM
Thanks all The funny thing was, our particular trainer is obviously in the obedience circuit coz she has a gsd she uses, and last night she had her 4 yr. old Leo (awww how gorgeous was he!!!!), and it was sooooo funny coz as she was showing us the proper sit and you have to walk all around them and they stay put, her dog started jumping up at her (and he's huuuuge!) so I said I'd remember that bit when she tells me off when Zena starts jumping up at me!!!! I was the only one to ask the question about what you do when they move from the sit and she said I was going too fast with Zena, coz she does a brilliant sit,usually anticipated without me even having to say or do anything (so I kept releasing her and moving forward again!) she said I should be lucky that she sits like she does, as quickly as she does, and I'm not quick enough for HER with my treat! Lol! Zena knows me though!!! Oh I just couldn't fault her, she laid down and settled like a little lamb at my feet throughout the WHOLE lesson except when we got up to do stuff, or went through to the back room to hand our forms in, even though most of the others were lungeing and barking a lot of the time, she didn't do it ONCE! We sat right next to the door too, so that everyone that came through with their dogs met us first, and she greeted them all, then came straight back to ME, except for one bloke she barked at, but I immediately took her attention with the "look at me" thing and she DID! Oh I'm in heaven with this little doglet of mine!!!!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2009, 11:53 AM
That is great H. So pleased you are enjoying the new training class. The more you enjoy it, the more Zena will enjoy it
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >