Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2006, 08:23 PM

When to disown your dog.....

I heard a great story the other day about a Dalmatian who escaped from her home and legged it the half mile into town. Now this is quite a big town and there is a mixture of shops, including a VERY high class store that has automatic doors. The owner, not realising she had escaped, received a terse call from the store manager, asking her to come and collect her dog. Apparently, the Dalmatian had trotted up the main street unchallenged, came to the automatic door which of course opened, went inside and spent a merry ten minutes racing up and down the magnificant stairway in the middle, with various staff in hot pusuit!
By the time the owner arrived, she was lying on her back near the cosmetics counter wagging her tail and grinning, she had managed to shed her collar at some point so the only way to get her out was to use an expensive silk scarf from the rail nearby, and make a hasty exit
The owner has not had the nerve to enter the store since...... plus the garden gate has been made more secure..
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-07-2006, 08:25 PM
Glad she kept safe on her journey.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2006, 08:26 PM
That poor woman. I think I would of curled up and died of embarrasment

I've had some embarassing moments, but thankfully, nothing like that
murphydog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-07-2006, 08:27 PM
Bless her maybe she had some shopping to do!! afterall some people seem to think their dog love going to car boots!!! i wish i could train my dogs to go to tescos for me this would save me a lot of time!!!
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2006, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by Wolfie
That poor woman. I think I would of curled up and died of embarrasment

I've had some embarassing moments, but thankfully, nothing like that
Could't have put it better myself!!!!
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2006, 07:14 AM
Reminds me of the day when my sisters St. Bernard and one of her Newfies were driven to her door in the back of a Panda Police car, the driver and his mates shoulders covered in slobber. Apparently the police had opened the car door to ask a driver to join them for a chat but before he could the back seat was occupied by the two dogs. My sister asked how they knew they were hers and they said with some irritation Madam you are well known on this patch for being a little eccentric, needless to say she did not complain.

At the time she had about 7 large dogs and a couple of Cavaliers and had no idea how they escaped but she thinks that also having 3 children may have had something to do with it.
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2006, 08:29 AM
lol, lovely story, sounds like something mine would do
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2006, 12:32 PM
That's brilliant, I mean it's not but you know what I mean!

It had to be a dalmatian didn't it?

My mum's sat mumbling in the corner 'I don't know how you talked me into dalmatians'