Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-01-2012, 09:24 AM

Just nearly lost Pereg

Door open - Pereg clipped onto her rope - saw/heard her rush out and BANG - rope broke from where it is fixed on the wall inside the door.

Grabbed my crutches and got out - about half a dozen dumped dogs - well I know for certain that I have never seen them before, especially the GSD - in fact I rarely see one of those - in front yard and then rushing across the road amongst the trees and on the grassy area where the children's mini gym things are - and my Pereg was across there rushing around like a lunatic.

Dropped my crutches and just flonked down and sat at the side of the road [little road but big tractors and big trucks go past as well as cars] opened out my arms wide and called out "Boi l'Ima Pereg" "Come to Mommy" -and she came straight back to me.

So I was sitting at the edge of the road, Pereg in my arms, and someone stopped and I said please hold her rope, she will not hurt you, and please help me get up as I cannot - so he got hold of her rope, let me grab his arms to heave myself up , picked up my crutches while I was hanging on to him and he had Pereg's rope firmly held in one of his hands, helped me get up - helped me in and brought Pereg in so I could clip her safely onto the chain leash also fixed inside.

Think I have posted pictures of where/how her rope etc it fixed. But it was secure, just those darned trigger clips that fail when excess force - but is she really that strong?

I am so grateful to the guy who stopped and helped me bring Pereg back in, and I cannot be cross with her for rushing out but bless her she came straight back to me when I called her.

Just do not know what else I can make secure for her to go out.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2012, 09:32 AM
Oh dear, never mind she had fun and alls well that ends well. Worrying for you though.

rune
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-01-2012, 10:02 AM
Glad it all ended well.

Pereg was a good girl coming back when called.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

08-01-2012, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Oh dear, never mind she had fun and alls well that ends well. Worrying for you though.

rune
No, sorry, no fun.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2012, 10:13 AM
How scary! So glad she came back and a good samaritan came to your rescue. xxxxxx
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2012, 10:15 AM
Sorry---I thought you meant she was playing rushing around with the other dogs. Misunderstanding.

rune
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2012, 10:36 AM
How frightening for you, I bet you heart was racing! You did a the right thing sitting down, dogs are always more likely to come to you & if you can make a silly noise all the better!

Could you put a baby gate across the door?
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Oh dear, how scarey but thankfully she came back to you, I think maybe a baby gate is a good idea too unless she can jump it.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

08-01-2012, 12:20 PM
Pereg was outside in MY front yard and NO I cannot fence it in, which is why she is outside tied up on her rope.

MY front yard.

A baby gate across the door so she cannot get out into MY front yard?

rune - I do not want her "playing" with the unvaccinated dogs that are dumped on this Moshav - it was a stray dog that attacked her IN MY YARD and apart from the vet fees to patch her up triggered her epilepsy.

FUN? She broke free from what is about the strongest hook I can find - she only weighs just over 20 kg so is not that big or strong - and ran across the road after stray dumped dogs trailing 10-12 metres of rope FUN?

OK, fine. I will put a baby gate across my front door so she cannot go into MY front yard.

So she cannot have FUN running across the road PLAYING with the dogs that are dumped here.

Of course it was all my fault.,

I should have kept her shut indoors and NEVER LET HER OUT to have FUN.

I mean forget the fact that she could have gotten killed on the road. Forget the fact that it was a loose dog that attacked her in OUR front yard that triggered her epilepsy, forget the fact that she was in OUR front yard.

Oh forget it.

I mean she was only having FUN playing with these dumped dogs, and so what the clip on her rope broke, and so what she ran out trailing her rope, and so what

SHE WAS ONLY HAVING FUN?????????????????????????????????
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2012, 12:26 PM
God it must be stressful with all the strays there, we moan about 1 or 2 irresponbsible owners over here, but to have a road full of strays, and coming into your yard to attack your dog! Just awful

What about a chain rather than a rope? Mind you, not sure what sort of clip there'd be on the chain? I know chains have a bit of a negative association but there's no risk of them snapping.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >