Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-07-2008, 09:05 AM

Tap water

I am quite a big water drinker but much prefer bottle water, I think it tastes a lot cleaner and generally nice but with the hot weather I have run out of bottled(shopping gets delivered later)so have had to drink tap water and it proves my point it is absolutly disgusting.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2008, 09:21 AM
I'm generally the opposite - despise paying for water in a bottle (particularly where you hear of cases such as (was it coca-cola?) selling bottled water which was straight from the tap!).

However, I do think it depends on where you live - I love the water I get at home, but am not so keen on it at work.

Have you tried putting some in the fridge - temperature has a lot to do with how water tastes.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2008, 09:25 AM
Actually tap water in the UK is probably cleaner & fresher than any bottled water. It's worth putting jugs of water in the fridge as this will take away any chemical taste & I add just a little bit of fruit juice to water I drink at least 2 litres of water everyday
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2008, 09:29 AM
Buy a filter jug, or a filter for the tap!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-07-2008, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I'm generally the opposite - despise paying for water in a bottle (particularly where you hear of cases such as (was it coca-cola?) selling bottled water which was straight from the tap!).

However, I do think it depends on where you live - I love the water I get at home, but am not so keen on it at work.

Have you tried putting some in the fridge - temperature has a lot to do with how water tastes.
I remember that, reminded me of only fools and horses

Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Actually tap water in the UK is probably cleaner & fresher than any bottled water. It's worth putting jugs of water in the fridge as this will take away any chemical taste & I add just a little bit of fruit juice to water I drink at least 2 litres of water everyday
It most likey is cleaner but it still doesnt, imo taste as good. Same here, always drink roughly 2 litres.

Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
Buy a filter jug, or a filter for the tap!
I did try a britta(sp) a could of years ago, it was an improvment but still imo wasnt as nice.
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2008, 09:43 AM
Oy Stormey!! You get your water from us here in the Lake District dont you should be nice and fresh, up here we are envious of you!!! But yes I agree it tastes awful, like you I ran out yest so drank from the tap, let it run a while but still not nice yet they tell us its good for us yuk.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2008, 09:46 AM
When I was in uni i'd drink bottled water every day and then once you are used to it, tap water does taste very 'chemically' and smells a bit 'bleachy' like chlorine? But before I started drinking bottled water I never really noticed. However if you let it 'settle' and chill it, it does taste better but i'm the same, I prefer bottled water when it's on it's own.

I will drink tap water with juice (although I usually go for fresh juices, I don't often drink dilute) or in tea or coffee (I drink coffee by the gallon!) but as for water on it's own, nah, I prefer the bottled stuff.

I'm always paranoid however with just how much chemicals are in it?
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2008, 10:15 AM
Our tap water is really good. It doesn't taste of chlorine at all, although I always run the tap for a long time so it gets really cold.

If I go to stay with friends (especially in London) I drink bottled water though, because I always get an upset tum drinking different tap water.

I used to drink Volvic bottled water when I was in hospital because the water they used to bring in the jugs was awful. It was always warm and really chemical tasting.

When I had low intra-cranial pressure I had to drink 3 litres a day for about 3 weeks (it was the only way to get the pressure inside my head back up), plus I had a saline drip. I was weeing all the time!!!!!!!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2008, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
Our tap water is really good. It doesn't taste of chlorine at all, although I always run the tap for a long time so it gets really cold.

If I go to stay with friends (especially in London) I drink bottled water though, because I always get an upset tum drinking different tap water.

I used to drink Volvic bottled water when I was in hospital because the water they used to bring in the jugs was awful. It was always warm and really chemical tasting.

When I had low intra-cranial pressure I had to drink 3 litres a day for about 3 weeks (it was the only way to get the pressure inside my head back up), plus I had a saline drip. I was weeing all the time!!!!!!!
I think we get ours from the same place? Kielder? And I don't like ours...
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2008, 11:14 AM
filterd than chilled tastes fine
we have hard chalky water here so we need to filter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >