Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 09:00 PM

Potter collapsed again today.

My poor old Potter collapsed again today. I say again, but she has been fine for a couple of months and has collapsed in total 4 times.
I feel awful as she was on her own this time. I came home for lunch and all the other dogs greeted me, but Potter was not there?! I searched the kitchen, garden, bedroom and finally found her spread-eagled in my front room, unable to get up and really puffing & stressed! I called the vets and because of her previous collapse (thought to be vestibular syndrome), they said to bring her in 1 hr later. I work at the vets as a receptionist (thank god!!!). I got a neighbour to help me carry her down the stairs as she still could not walk. She was throwing herself around but could not stand. If she did try, her legs were really splayed and she just could not balance or stand on her pads. She kept on standing (or trying to) on her knuckles and was throwing herself to the left!? This took 3 and 1/2 hrs to resolve.

The first collapse they thought was arthritic pain, the next 2 were vestibular syndrome. Now it may be a degenerative brain disease. Her gait is strange, but has been for years.

I really don't know. She is totally back to normal now! Objected to being left with a friend whilst I went for a walk with the others! Ate like a pig!!! She is just a bit more clingy than usual.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 09:09 PM
So sorry to hear about poor Potter, I suppose she will feel clingy for a while, how upsetting for you though. Hugs and healing vibes Hun. xxxxxxxxxxxxx to Potter.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 09:34 PM
aaawww poor potter!

Alex
xx
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 09:40 PM
How very upsetting for you, I hope Potter is ok and pleased to read she is back to normal xxxx
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 10:06 PM
How upsetting for both you and Potter, glad that she is a little brighter now, have they done any tests to try and find out what happened?
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 10:09 PM
Awwww poor girl,I hope they get to the root of it as it must be stressful for you both,hugs to both of you,xxxxxxx
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 10:11 PM
Poor Potter, she probably will be clingy for a while, as I expect she didn't know what was happening to her. I do hope she continues to improve, bless her.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2008, 06:00 AM
Sorry to hear about Potter, Lianne. Hope she improves, although it sounds like she has already.
*Hugs* honey xox
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-04-2008, 06:32 AM
So sorry to hear about Potter. I hope she recovers soon and hope you are feeling a bit better today.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2008, 06:45 AM
Really sorry to hear about Potter but glad to hear she is feeling a bit better now.
Have they done any tests to try and get a diagnosis as to whats definatly going on?
Sending lots of gentle healing (((hugs)))) to Potter and a big hug to you.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >