Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2007, 12:04 AM

Chickenpox

I think my 13 month old has this - red spots with blisters in the middle ...??? Third day so far ...

She is as happy as larry (sparky little girl she is), nothing to suggest she might be suffering. I have some calamine lotion and Piriton ready in case she starts to suffer but so far she is fine.

Only thing is the rash didn't disappear with a glass on it (I was worrying about meningitis).

Any experiences to share?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2007, 05:20 AM
None that I can remember - if you're not certain, or are a bit worried, call the doctor or nip to the surgery. Better to be safe than sorry, IMO.
Hugs to Cerys xoxox
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-08-2007, 06:18 AM
Agree with Vicki,can't remember doing the glass test on my Boys but it was before all the meningitus(sp) scares.Dr confirmed Chickenpox.Better she gets it now my youngest was 7 and didn't really suffer too much his Brother caught it and he was 12 and he really did suffer.
Hope Cerys is feeling bettter soon (((Hugs))).xx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2007, 12:52 PM
my son had it last year so he was 6. Can't remember if i did the glass test as he was itchy and it was doing the rounds, so not sure I did it.
I do remember he felt fine in himself for the first few days but then started to feel rough. The calamine helped, it may be worth putting it on now, before they get too itchy. He had his friend round to play as they were both off school with it, then that afternoon they both started to feel rough, so it may also be worth keeping her quiet and calm (ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!)
Hope she doesn't feel too bad with it.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-08-2007, 01:27 PM
I have had it, but I was 41 so no help here I'm afraid, but it is better to get it as a child, I nearly died with it.

Ian
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-08-2007, 01:36 PM
Hi LS this is what the rash looks like..
..little spots with a blister in the centre. Chicken pox rarely causes problems in young children though scratching the spots can cause problems. Better for your little one to get them now before she starts school.
http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...tryGB%26sa%3DN
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2007, 02:00 PM
Thanks for all your replies .

I was pretty sure it was chickenpox but she has some around her eyes and has been rubbing them so I popped her along to the GP earlier today.

After being ushered into the kitchen (Unclean! Unclean ) and waiting for an hour while staring at someone's birthday biscuits with my tummy rumbling (sooooooo tempted to nick one, especially after one of the Drs came in and took one and didn't offer me one ) chickenpox was confirmed and we've been given Zovirax for use around the eyes.

Try sticking that on a wriggling 13 month old .

Thanks everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-08-2007, 02:10 PM
Wishing Cerys well and hipe she doesn't suffer to much with the itching.
Papillon
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-08-2007, 02:31 PM
I remember having it when I was 6 and my sister was 4. I've still got the scars from the scratching. I hope she feels better soon
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2007, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by Papillon View Post
I remember having it when I was 6 and my sister was 4. I've still got the scars from the scratching. I hope she feels better soon
That's another worry - you can't really get a 13 month old to understand why they shouldn't scratch. Handcuffs? Might also stop her bashing my keyboard with her little fists .
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >