Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-12-2006, 04:57 PM

Totaly amazed me..

Saw a womam..a very small elderly lady, earlier on walking down the road..with two hulking long haired GSD's walking either side of her..no leads, just slowly lumbering by her side. One sniffed the floor and lagged behind ever so slightly..this elderly woman only had too click her fingers to her side and the dog was back again.
I watched them walking down the road..still remained the same. Totaly amazed me..such paramount control over them. Makes me wonder how she trained them in such a way!
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2006, 05:12 PM
Ooo get me her email address... I need tips! lol

Good on her, she must be a pro trainer!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-12-2006, 05:15 PM
There used to be a lady in next street Luke who used to own a GSD too called King and she never had him on lead.She would walk round to supermarket and just say "King-sit" and he would without being tied up!!!

He had absolute devotion for her.Sadly he died few years back from old age and she moved away shortly afterwards.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2006, 05:19 PM
Amazing how some dogs seem to be just born for obedience
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-12-2006, 05:23 PM
I think some people tend too have 'something' just 'something'that dogs tend too listen to,they just seem to have something about them. I think it's down to having lots of patience, having a natural understandingness too them.
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-12-2006, 05:48 PM
When I was a child a neighbour had a mixed breed dog who used to love and sit in the garden watching the world go by.
They didn't have a gate or fence at the front of the house so the man would lay a stick across the front path where it met the pavement and his dog would never go past the stick just sit behind it. It didn't matter what was going on in the street the dog knew that the stick was as far as he was allowed to go.

Now if that was Harley he would have absconded taking the stick with him
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2006, 06:25 PM
What well trained dogs.
My shepherd was that well trained/ naturally good too but I always used a lead to comply with the law and for the "just in cases" of life!
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-12-2006, 06:51 PM
Witchcraft - must be !
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2006, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I think some people tend too have 'something' just 'something'that dogs tend too listen to,they just seem to have something about them. I think it's down to having lots of patience, having a natural understandingness too them.
So do I luke, so do I!!!!! You've either got it or you haven't! Happens in the horse world a lot too!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-12-2006, 08:33 PM
When I was in my t
wenties there was a man who must of been 30'ish and his GSD was he same it use to come in the pub where we all use to drink never needed a lead and just laid at his feet when told.
There is also a woman who lives near me with a OES and that is the same just walks along behind her and every so often she calls and it catches up,Would love to know their secret.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >