Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Paul G.
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-09-2006, 04:16 PM

Abundance of blackberries

Have you noticed what a good year it is for blackberries and other wild fruits ? They seem bigger and sweeter than usual. I'm gathering loads on my wanderings. I've got so much that I've started giving it to the neighbours.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2006, 04:18 PM
yes i have noticed i think that lovely hot sunshine has riped them large this summer ...like the old days when we had summers LOL
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2006, 04:22 PM
I noticed that also, today I saw a couple of people blackberry picking and even scoffed a few myself
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2006, 06:30 PM
They're lovely this year - my dog-sitter has an allotment and gave me loads when I got back from hols, plus tomatoes, yellow courgettes (never had those before...), and runner beans. She also told me not to buy any onions as she has a glut of those as well, but they mean cooking, don't they?
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2006, 08:56 PM
Yes I have noticed all the lovely juicy blackberries, I love 'em.

I have a particularly good crop of apples on my tree this year, so much so they are dragging the branches down. Next thing you know I will have the kids from down the street trying to pinch them - all they have to do is knock on the door and I will give them some, they make great apple pies and crumbles.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2006, 08:58 PM
yep there is sure a big glut on the blacks im glad as well as weve been making loads of jam to sell in the farm shop and people are coming back all the time for more