Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-03-2006, 04:21 PM

Absolutely spitting feathers

I came home from work at my usual time today,Put Ossie's collar on and took him out,i decided a change is as good as a rest and took him somewhere different to our normal afternoon walk.I went to a nearby spot next to a golf course,on arrival i saw a notice asking people if their dogs had been attacked recently.Apparently two Staffie's have attaked a couple of dogs and this notice was asking people to inform the dog warden quite rightly imo whether their dogs had been attacked.We walked onto the feild (with Os on a lead) and for the first ten minutes enjoyed our walk.I was then approached by this woman who said i was not welcome to walk (in her words) "That evil f***ing dog around here"she then continued with a torrent of abuse telling me just how if i was to be seen up there again,all the male dog walkers would "sort me out" I tried to point out that Ossie was definately not one of the staff's involved and that i was sorry to hear that some dogs had been attacked.I also pointed out that Ossie is on an extendable lead and couldn't possibly attack another dog as he is in my control at all times.This did not seem to matter to this woman,she was just hell bent on giving ALL Staffie's a bad name and no matter what i said was not going to make any difference to her.I have had expeirience of breed predudice before with my Rottie's but i really couldn't believe this woman she was so angry.I asked her how badly her dog was hurt by these Staffie's and she said her's had not been touched and infact she had not actually seen the Staffie's concerned.It all ended when although i should know better,I had a right go at her and walked off.I am so angry at the moment.Who the hell does this woman think she is ? telling me where i can exercise my dog. To top it off all the while she was having a go at me,guess what? Her dog was not on a lead and had run off and she had no clue as to his whereabouts.

Sorry,but had to have a rant.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2006, 04:23 PM
good on you!!!! stupid woman!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2006, 04:27 PM
aww bless you that was not a very nice experience for you,i dont know what is wrong with some people they hear storys about a breed and see someone with the same breed and take it in to account that these dogs are all going to behave in the same way they wanna get a life dont let her get to you shes just so ignorant chin up and give your babe a big extra hug and kiss from me and the boys
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2006, 04:41 PM
I'm not surprised you feel like a rant ,stupid woman
colliecrazy1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2006, 04:52 PM
Stamfort, I know How you feel Conpletly over the top, Looks like You and Me have Had a Badtime with Women having ago This week,Im Only just getting Over it myself, Yes It makes me Crazy when people have ago, As long as You and Your Dog are ok, and She did Nothing to Either of you! But People like her are everywere,,,But still Im Sorry it messed your Walk up....Lets Hope you have a Nice walk Tomorrow., Give Doggy a Love and I know You,ll feel better
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-03-2006, 04:57 PM
Stupid woman,why can't people just enquire nicely about things.
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2006, 05:17 PM
Sounds like that Nasty women Needs to be Kept on a Lead and Muzzel herself silly women. Sorry your walk was spoilt. Sounds like the local looney take no notice.
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-03-2006, 06:37 PM
Thanks guy's. Ossie and myself are fine.Please believe me when i say i gave her as good as i got.The fact that all the time she was shouting and raving Ossie was sat by me not responding at all and even more to the point,not reacting to her dog at all.We have just come back from our usual walk at Stanmer park,where i told another women who was walking a lovely boxer about what had gone on.She was as supportive as you have been,and said her and her husband used to have Staff's and people used to walk across the other side of the park just to avoid them.his woman will not put me off walking where the hell i like,so im afraid she will just have to get used to the idea and like it or lump it.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2006, 06:41 PM
Well, you've said it yourself haven't you, "who the hell does she think she is telling you where you can walk your dog"!!! If it were me I would actually make a point of going there again the next day at the same time, and the day after, and the day after ....... bl**dy woman! Who does she think she is. Nasty piece of work, no wonder her dog legged it while it had the chance!
Saz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2006, 06:42 PM
Well if she had approached me in such a way I would have slapped her silly !! Then I would have slapped her some more for being abusive towards my dog lol
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >