Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2022, 08:25 AM

Wintery Wednesday 14th December 2022

Morning all. Yep I am still here. Not a lot to say though. It isn't to bad here but other places I know are bad. I always think of Norma more when it snows in Scotland. Hope you all have a good day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-12-2022, 10:16 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
It is very cold here too.
I miss Norma and Losos (Harvey). Plus a few others who no longer come on the board.
We were meant to be picking Boo our little Beagle friend up later and have her overnight as Bev was off on a coach trip with her Grandson to see Santa tomorrow. Both his mum and dad have to work.
Unfortunately it has been cancelled due to the weather, so I will hopefully be popping round for a cuppa.
We are hoping to get into Kings Lynn to get some more bits for the big kids for Christmas and of course our little Freya.
Also some urgent bits of shopping.

Take care out there whoever is going out and about it is very cold and some places have some snow and quite bad.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2022, 11:32 AM
Morning all
Yeah, I miss norma, she was such a kind lady and obvs I miss Harvey, it was lovely to actually speak to him before he passed away.
I am sure I will be o.k to say, Moyra has been locked out of the board, she has been trying to get in for a while, I sent her the link to the board as requested but it didn't help so I sent her an email address that's direct to dogsey hq I guess.....I assume that's been no help either. I imagine the only way around it is to register a new email and start afresh with a new username.
Lynn, hope you get to see your friend, bet she's gutted at not seeing Santa, I am lucky, my dad drinks with Santa on a Friday night lol
Need to find my motivation...... it's disappeared again
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2022, 11:43 AM
Good morning

Yes sad we have lost so many from the board. HopefullyMoyra will be able to get back on again soon.

Take care Kelly and don't overdo it.

Hope you are successful with your shopping Lynn

Hve a good day Brenda

School run this morning and then back to scrape the ice off as much of the drive that I could. It is like a skating rink and as Barry has to go out tomorrow morning thought I had better clear where he gets out of the car before he falls over and also a path so that I can put the bin out tonight. Back on school run this afternoon. Lovely little concert with Sarah yesterday. She has only been at the school a week and managed to sing most of the words and do the actions. So proud of her.

Hope all are well. Take care.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2022, 12:29 PM
Awwww, well done Sarah!! Glad she's fitting in well Sue
There doesn't seem very many grit bins around anymore, councils probably fed up with them being tipped over
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2022, 01:41 PM
Good afternoon all

Thankfully, some sun this morning. It hasn't made a dent on the frost on frost, but was a welcome sight and made it feel a little bit warmer. A very small snow shower since we got back home, but nothing to speak of.

However, Dave is taking his money today instead of Friday and the weather forecast is very uncertain so it's best to go while the roads are at least a little bit clear.

Won't stop me worrying until he's back home though. Blimey, even the beach is covered in frost. Crazy
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-12-2022, 02:46 PM
Bev isn't too disappointed and Charlie her Grandson is happy with the truck made out of cardboard and his toy trucks.
Dad and Granddad are both HGV drivers and tramp out all week so he is very much into trucks and cars.
Shopping went a little sideways, so we decided to get the stuff for the baby bank at Kings Lynn Tesco then drop it over to Wisbech.
The Chrysler started after a little help it hasn't been used much over the cold spell and on the way to Kings Lynn the temperature shot up so we thought Tesco and Wisbech and home.
It behaved impeccably at the petrol station waiting in the queue for diesel and on the way home so no idea why it did what it did while driving along.
All seems ok now thank goodness.

Well done to Sarah Sue no wonder you are proud.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-12-2022, 05:26 PM
The tree is up.
Photo not working.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2022, 05:30 PM
Good afternoon all busy busy here a week off and seems friends coming out of the woodwork to book my time. Been for lunch today Christmas jumpers order of the day plus a couple of sets of antlers LOL very nice too.
Talk of the meal was heating costs, and of course the weather, but lovely catch up.

Came home and cold already so defrosted the fridge freezer.......Brrrr..... but not to bad and refreezing nicely now. All Christmas shopping present wise done now just a bot of wrapping all appear to want gift vouchers (mostly to buy perfume) seems they have expensive tastes my nieces. Middle niece has had her central heating fitted and finished today apparently 2 days not bad and just in time to be useful. Spoke to my cousin today via WhatsApp he and his wife are in Anchorage Alaska visiting her son and family apparently -21 I did not mention our smattering seemed a little out digited. LOL

Just doing myself some baked peaches with almonds as did not have pudding at the meal just a main course.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2022, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Morning all. Yep I am still here. Not a lot to say though. It isn't to bad here but other places I know are bad. I always think of Norma more when it snows in Scotland. Hope you all have a good day.
Brenda you always make me think remember or smile when you post , today is memory day Have you got snow on your beach as Chris does?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >