Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-01-2016, 07:49 AM

Dogsey daily thread Sunday 10.01.

Morning everyone hope I'm not crossposting.
Having 5 minutes peace and quiet before beginning the day Owen borrows my chrome book and Joel has Marks so they play some sort of on line footie game.

Bit of a tiresome journey yesterday Welney flooded so diverted silly phone sat nav took me back in a circle to where I diverted from. I diverted again and it took me all round Huntingdon and the A14 for miles before picking up the M11. Gorden had come back through that Friday and said 4 inches is fine so the digital warning sign was still saying 4 inches on the way back so for fun with the boys we chanced it. Fields flooded to gate level roads passable but not sure they will be today after a heavy downpour last night.
Mark and the boys going back today Owen was worried about how early they would have to get up and start out so asked Tracey is she would drive over and pick him up. She is working today and would be driving over on her own and hitting the fen roads in the dark and hates them and of course she wouldn't try Welney on her own and would worry about diverting.
We are taking them back after dinner and bringing Marks last load back with us. The sheds are brilliant and one is up the second will take the rest of his stuff with room for some of our stuff too.
Downside patio door has come off again up side Mark is here he tried to fix it last night in the dark and rain but to be honest I think its had it and it will do it again soon it had been getting temperamental in the week.
There is now a dust sheet up where the door is to be honest if it stays that way now I am not bothered it leaks from the floor up anyway till we take it down.

LG sorry you were not feeling well yesterday I hope you feel better today. I reckon see to the animals and a day in the warm with your feet up.
griff I hope your dad is in a more grateful mood today.
June hoping the river hasn't burst and you get to training.
Everyone else hoping you have a good Sunday and that everyone is well and all doglets too.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2016, 08:14 AM
Good Morning Lynn and all to follow. Lot chillier here this morning, haven't got Amber out yet she is having her breakfast. I hate getting up on these cold mornings. Sounds as though you have been having fun that end Lynn one way and another.

LG hope you feel better this morning enough to get the critters seen to and then more rest for you I think is advisable.

Hope everyone else is ok, take care all stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless all.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2016, 08:37 AM
Morning all.
Lynn sounds like fun and games for you. Hope every one is sorted and where they are supposed to be now.
Morning Moyra, Hope you are well.

Now to get lunch for the 10 of us
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2016, 09:44 AM
Good morning

Enjoy your lunch Nippy and let the visitors do the washing up

Oh dear Lynn the sooner you can sort that conservatory the better. Hope the boys have enjoyed their weekend with you and they all get home safe tonight. Hope the drive back isn't too flooded

Hope you have better weather than us Moyra.

Hope you are feeling a little better today Gordon. Stay warm as possible and don't get too wet.

Poured overnight with thunder and still raining when I got up. Did stop for a bit so whipped her ladyship out but it is now pouring again and looks set for the day. Tried the old tv in the bedroom last night and could hardly see it as the picture was so dark even with the brightness turned up to 100 That is now destined for the tip! Don't need one there anyway as I prefer to read when I go to bed.

Have a good day and stay safe and hopefully as dry as possible.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2016, 10:18 AM
Morning all. Hope you all have a good day and enjoy your lunch Nippy. Hope you get your door sorted out Lynn. Gordon stay in bed if you can for another day. Don't go overdoing it. Sue you must have had the lightning when we did down in West Sussex. It woke me up but fortunately didn't freak Tyto out this time. Very dark here now so I think we are in for some more. Moyra stay dry if you can when you go out next. If you fancy a look at the website here is the whatever it is called.
www.northlancing.org Lovely pic of Tyto's eyes.
Have a good day everyone.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-01-2016, 10:47 AM
Its called a link, Brenda He has got beautiful eyes hasn't he
Dry and colder this morning, we're all still here thank goodness. I took out 3 swing bin liners of wet shavings this morning, that must be the all time record I think. Thats a complete bale of horse shavings used up from Tuesday to Saturday. I put plenty in yesterday so managed to shuffle the dry round to all beds, as its not raining they should be OK till I do them when I come back from training with Zen, as Hurrah!! it is looking like I can get there and back without being drowned.
Sue I think you were being very optimistic expecting the telly to work there's plenty of money off everything at present, so you'll bag yourselves a bargain I'm sure.
I can understand exactly how Tracey feels about the driving, especially with the horrendous conditions about at the moment, Lynn. Sounds like you've had a nice weekend with Mark and the boys as well, although the patio door couldn't behave itself for a few more weeks till the weather dries up (if it ever does).
Moyra you stay warm and dry, otherwise you'll be the next one laid up. Hoping LG shakes off whatever it is and is back with us very soon.
Lunch for 10 Nippy sounds like old times to me, have a lovely time though with all your family, and remember save some for my butties
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-01-2016, 11:07 AM
Just hopping back on. Morning to all who have followed sorry tv's are destined for the dump, glad June isn't flooded if a bit soggy and wow 10 Nippy Jen for lunch only 5 here thank goodness.

Boys out the front fishing Owen already bagged one. Mark and Gorden building the second shed before attempting to right the conservatory door and me just finished hoovering and starting to get veg prepped for lunch.
Mark was doing mugs of tea and bacon sarnies when we arrived back from our walk with Dillon.

Amazing him and Tracey getting on like a house on fire now texting each other etc., I doubt they will get back together again though think they will remain good friends though which is nice.
Gorden checked the Welney flooding we will go the sixteen foot bank way when taking them all home later the fields are 2.7 metres deep in water about 7 feet deep raod still the same depth 4 inches. They had an exciting drive through it yesterday so we will be more sedate today I think.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2016, 11:19 AM
Hope it stays dry your way June and good luck at training this afternoon

So you will have fish for lunch then Lynn Its good that they are enjoying themselves and that Trtacey and Mark are now getting on. Barry has a cousin like that couldn't live with each other but once divorced got on really well and the chikdren involved know they can't play one against the other so get away with nothing Safe drive back this afternoon

Yes Brenda the thunder woke me up too but I quickly went to sleep again. No I won't replace the tv as we now have a new one in the kitchen which is where it is used the most.

Pouring hard again and also some hail mixed in with it so will be staying put for the rest of the day
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-01-2016, 11:22 AM
Lynn, those fields are like swimming pools then, albeit muddy and cold. You are having a great weekend aren't you, everyone enjoying their time together and getting on with each other. Thats so nice after whats gone on over Christmas, long may it continue
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-01-2016, 12:39 PM
Thanks Sue and June yes it is nice and Dillon is being so good too.

Boys in now the wind is very cold here even though its dry and the sun is out. Dinner doing well so once that's consumed we will head off as it will be a 31/2 hour journey for us.
Second shed built and in place Mark and Gorden very pleased with them. they are now trying to sort the conservatory door. I have a plan for when it comes down and think Gorden is in agreement Mark thinks its a good idea.

Gorden came out to the kitchen earlier and said Mark and Tracey haven't stopped texting each other. Seems can't live together but can't live without each other. Nice for the boys though as they are like brothers and Owen and George are a big part of our lives.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >