View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-08-2014, 02:24 PM

Dillon (BMD) on his holibbos. Warning picture heavy.

We stayed in the Staffordshire peaks. A village called Grindon 9 miles from the nearest town. Ashbourne. Dillon had his own paddock he was allowed to use while we stayed there.

Here goes are you sitting comfortably.

In the park at Buxton, we had just visited the pet shop there they own Bernese too and he had some nice treats given to him.

One of our many walks. The roaches.

An evening walk in Grindon.

This is a cheeky ram we saw the farmer for a chat shortly after taking this picture. This is the village we stayed in.

Paddling in the river Dove at Dovedale.

This is the bit where the gap was too narrow for us to get Dillon through to carry on so I was the other side and Gorden sent Dillon round to me. Such a good clever boy.

Having a rest at Dovedale.

More paddling.

Helllllp.

Some of his many admirers.

In the car waiting for the next adventure.

Matlock Bath. This lovely ice cream man gave Dillon his own small tub of ice cream.

Manifold Valley trail just down the road from where we were staying.

Matlock. This is a lab puppy called Huxley we met. Dillon was frightened of him.

The park at Matlock. Waiting for coffee.

Taddington church well dressing.

Off up to high well.

Here at last. Dillon photo bombing. The view over the Derbyshire peaks was spectacular from here. This is said to be the highest Derbyshire village.

Back down to earth and a much needed cuppa.

Taddington again.

Millersdale we took Ollie here but went the other way. It is part of the Monsal trail. The route we took with Dillon takes you to Bakewell eventually. It was once a very busy rail line.

Ashford in the water.
Village pond.

He loved his paddles.

We went out of our way especially yesterday to find him somewhere to paddle then he got ice cream after we walked round Bakewell.

We are very proud of him he walked for miles behaved himself and accepted all the fuss given to him from old and young alike. Some of the children gave him big hugs and he accepted it all with graciousness and in the spirit it was intended.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2014, 02:30 PM
Great photos, it's so cute to see Dillon scared of the puppy and hugging up close to his mommy for "protection". What a big baby

He's such a handsome guy
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2014, 02:45 PM
oh what wonderful pictures, i envy you having such a well behaved dog, dakota just wants to snog everyone so this involves jumping up...one day she might be as calm as dillon. I think my fave piccie is him rolling on his back with all his legs in the air Lol
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2014, 03:00 PM
Fabulous pictures. I always marvel at how big Dillon is He is such a good looking boy
I love the cheeky ram and helllpppp and the one of him in the car and........oh all of them really!
Welcome home
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-08-2014, 03:13 PM
What beautiful places, and with all that walking up those hills you'll have lost loads I love Dillon paddling, you can tell he's loving the water, and so glad he has starred all the way through and he's at last stopped being a stroppy adolescent and become the beautiful well behaved boy you have now. Love the well dressing by the way and gotta laugh at your dog guard, mines the same a dog guard tied with tie wraps with some fireguard added on
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2014, 03:25 PM
Wonderful, wonderful pictures Lynn and Dillon beautiful as ever in all of them, you can tell he enjoyed his holidays. Bless him.. Lovely part of the country. I love it up there. Haven't been in donkeys, well not since the early 80s!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-08-2014, 03:48 PM
Delightful pictures of glorious places and, of course, gorgeous Dillon!

Did you spend the entire holiday walking? It exhausted me just looking at all the places you visited!
Fourlegz
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-08-2014, 05:34 PM
Oh Lynn, looks like you've had a fabulous time. I could look at photos like that forever!

Did you see the photo on one of my posts of Poppy making friends with a beautiful BMD? Not as beautiful as Dillon obviously!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-08-2014, 06:00 PM
Thank you Myra he is a big baby at heart.
Griff he wasn't always like this he was similar to Dakota.
Thank you Nippy Jen.
Thank you June. Home made dog guards good ain't they.
Unfortunately anything I lost in walking I made up again with pork pies, bread, ice cream and bakewell pudding and wine.
Thank you Moyra never matters how many times we go its beauty never ceases to amaze us.
Thank you Malka we did drive to the places then walk.
Thank you FL no didn't see those pictures better go find them.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2014, 06:10 PM
Our dog guard is the plastic coated mesh, secured by cable ties.
It works but she is only little
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >