Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2014, 06:30 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread Saturday

Good morning all Dogsey Peeps

The week-end is here at last and hopefully, it will be a sunny one. We're off up to the van to start the season of weekly change-overs, but I'll be fine once I get stuck in, I quite enjoy it really, especially when I do that last double check before locking the door and see how lovely it all looks. My guests who are leaving today have been in there for 3 weeks and I left them to it really, and they promised me they will leave it all clean and tidy for today.

Done my back in yesterday by doing something really stooped Even after lugging up all that turf and laying it, my back was still holding up fine, but then last night, I leaned over Dave's double bed to drop a carrier bag down the other side, when I should have knelt on the bed, or better still, walked around it and my back didn't like that one bit. Then last night, I was opening a new jar of pickled onions, and twanged my left wrist I have a super, duper contraption in the drawer for opening jars with ease, but did I use it?? Nah! It's been painful all night, could hardly sleep. It's not my body that needs sorting, it's my brain methinks

Eileen, just read that little Lacey has an upset tum, and I hope she's fine this morning after all your wonderful tlc.

Sally, good luck with a second day of g/sproglet, but I'm sure you love it really.

Lynn, hope Gorden arrived home safely with your dinner and enjoy a lovely week of having him at home.

Hope everyone else is fine along with the doglets, and I might be able to pop in later on, enjoy the week-end.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2014, 06:47 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

A misty morning here with the possibility of a few showers later which isn't a problem because the plants in the garden are pretty dry and it will save me watering them

I'm taking my two and meeting a friend for a dog walk this morning which will be nice and tomorrow we (son and girlfriend) are going to drive to a new area to walk the dogs.

Helena Just a minor thing ... but your thread title says Friday I hope the change overs go smoothly You poor thing, two injuries in one evening It won't be easy changing the sheets in the vans will eat ..... be careful.
Nippy I hope today finds you and Brian feeling a lot better.
Lacey I hope little Lacey is over her upset tum.
Lynne Enjoy your hike in pastures new today .... very exciting
Sally I hope you managed a good night sleep in preparation for your gs today. You'll have hoot I'm sure
Lynn Enjoy your day with Gorden and I hope there are no more rat sightings

See you all later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2014, 06:50 AM
Morning Helena on this fine and sunny Saturday.
Sorry to hear you have hurt your back. Its funny how its the little things that niggle it. I hope the back and the wrist feel easier as the day goes on.
Be careful what you do up the van today.
Gorden did arrive safely with my dinner thank you and it was yumm.

Nippy Jenny I am hoping you and Brian are feeling a bit better again today and are starting to be able too eat.
Eileen hoping Lacey's tummy is ok this morning.
Bev (((hugs))) and hoping you are feeling better today too.
Sally I hope your weekend goes smoothly.
Get well wishes for any other poorly peeps I haven't mentioned and poorly doglets too.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2014, 06:52 AM
Morning Jenny we must of posted at the same time. Enjoy your walk.
I forgot to mention Lynne and I hope she and Taff enjoy their new walk.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2014, 06:53 AM
Morning. Sorry all quiet from me last few days, busy bee!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2014, 06:57 AM
Lynn I knew you'd arrived in the building and I thought I'd end up entering the room first
Emmis Only a week of so to go now isn't is How do you feel?
Bev I'm so sorry ...... I should have asked and hope that you are feeling better today ((hugs)).

Off to go and have a second cuppa and then a shower. See you all later.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2014, 07:00 AM
Morning H and all,

Beautiful morning out there this morning. One load of washing out another nearly done and then I must strip the bed and wash the sheets.

Off to mums this morning to do her housework. Nothing else on today after that except trying to find myself someone to cut my lawns.

We have a lovely man round here who has been doing them for just £10 but because of ill health he has had to cut right back and is just keeping on his 3 elderly original customers.
I do mine when I can fit it in to be dry enough when I am off work but it takes over 2 hours with my little mower and is hard work also I don't have a strimmer, so I am going to see if I can find someone local who would like to take it on as it grows really quickly. I done it a week ago and now its really long again.

H, Take care with your back and wrist, I do silly things like that just because i am to lazy and can't be bothered to walk a couple of steps further or get something out that will do the job easily. Will we ever learn.

Eileen I hope lacey is feeling better this morning.

Lynn hope Gordon got home ok and can deal with your new little furry friend.

Right better go wash my hair and ruin how nice the hairdresser made it look. I just can't acieve the same result and get rid of those odd waves like he does.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2014, 07:00 AM
Morning Emm.
Gordon in answer to your question last night no I do not know if it works but read about it. It supposedly makes them bloat as they cannot belch I am not sure that is a better way of killing them either.
I have wondered about a getting an air rifle and shooting them but although I was quite a good aim at the fairgrounds when young not sure how good I would be hitting a moving target and something small. Also I am very squeamish about killing living creatures.
I noticed the chap next door practising with an air rifle the other afternoon not sure why he isn't doing the deed, two cats at least and and air rifle come on why are the rats still about ?
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2014, 07:08 AM
8 days to go! Quite nervous!
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-04-2014, 08:31 AM
Good morning everyone - hope all are well or at least on the improve. Helena you have got to be more careful, can't have you laid up for surely after your full page spread, the world will be beating a path to your door. Having attained this level of publicity in a National Magazine you'll have to get your back better very quickly, so that you can dodge the papperazzi, and conduct high level TV and Media interviews, if all else fails you could pop up to Bolton and chuck yourself (fully clothed and with mobile phone) into the healing waters of the river Irwell (for further details ask TW). On a more serious note, hope you get better quickly! Now then Lynn - reference the rat, given the number of avenues that aren't open to you (traps, poisons etc.) and as you probably don't want to go out and get a ghastly terrier (for fear it would doubtless upset Dillon's finer sensibilities - for this is what they are like) then it seems to me you have only two options: A - just put up with the horrid little sod, or B - Now this one I really like, is get a ferret!!!!! Fun little critters and quite undemanding, they quickly become hand-tame and will play like a kitten and if you work at it, come when called. You need a jill (female) as the hobs (males) are too big to gain entrance to the rat's domicile. The great thing about this is you don,t have to finish off the wounded or sick yourself, as ferrets are notoriously good at that sort of thing. Also they will eat (with considerable relish) their fallen victims so there is no burning of corpses or burying of same. Along with this once the burrows are regularly visited by a ferret or polecat the residents very quickly seend for Pickfords and vacate the immediate locallity. You see it,s all good, have I sold you on the idea? The other thing that you could try (and I only found this out the other night) is get Bitkin round to sing to them apparently this will rid you of the brutes far quicker than any ferret. Although you may have to purchase ear-plugs as a method of self-defence!!!!! bye fer now.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »