Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2014, 07:58 AM

Senior moments...

Hard to believe I am nearly 71,, Where did it all go.. But happy with being alive and atching age change life with interest..the challenge of getting out of bed or of someone elses car... mine by happenstance is a Susuki WagonR plus and is high seated

But the senior moments!

Tesco have a reduced cubby hole for interesting things that have had their packing slightly damaged. Great bargains on eg dog food, cereals..

Last week, oh great! A few packets of good Instant Whip hich I live.. so in the trolley they went and last evening feeling off, just the thing .. Perfect as they say here in Kerry

Butterscotch,, yum

But it wouldn't whip as usual.. then I reread the packet. it is ICE CREAM MIX..had seen the packet and not read it properly...

Ah ell, save it for summer days....
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-03-2014, 02:57 AM
I can certainly see myself doing something like this, and I can't even use "senior moments" as an excuse.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2014, 06:41 AM
Originally Posted by coventrycatfish View Post
I can certainly see myself doing something like this, and I can't even use "senior moments" as an excuse.
See; another advantage to being old!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2014, 07:11 AM
My Sunday dinner!

I have M.E so cooking is hard, and by the time I have cooked a meal I am too tired to eat it

Yesterday decided to make a huge effort and make chicken stew. Breast meat, small onion ( my last) carrots, parsnips and even peeled potatoes..

Running the freezer down so added a bag of my own peas,, thought it looked different but in it went and simmered away as I lit the fire and cleaned etc..

Added an OXO cube

Dished up by which time i was shaking with exhaustion..

YEERRRRKK!

Realised then that the package of apparently peas was peas with some cooked sea bass I had popped in the freezer.. My lanndlord sometimes goes fishing and just before Christmas presented me with a whole sea bass,, not even gutted! OK I can do all that..

The stew was inedible.. fished ( !) out the chicken and the cats enjoyed that and the dogs ate well and will do today. ( tiny cooked onion will do no harm)

So my Sunday dinner was cheese and crackers and I enjoyed it but not the same as hot chicken stew...

OF COURSE I should have marked the bag but there we are..

May just treat myself to a bowl of hot soup at Muckross Garden Restaurant if enough cash left today... Belated Sunday dinner!
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-03-2014, 08:39 AM
Don't t talk to me of senior moments I've a MASTERS DIGREE in the blooming things !they don't call me Numpty Norma for nothing lol
Could write a book on the daft things I do on a daily basis the what have you done now is a regular phrase in this house
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-03-2014, 08:43 AM
Senior moments are a sign that you have learned so much in all the years you have been living that your brain is so full of information that it cannot accept any more.

I call it the CRS Syndrome...
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2014, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Senior moments are a sign that you have learned so much in all the years you have been living that your brain is so full of information that it cannot accept any more.

Come on then Malka what is the CRS syndrome?
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-03-2014, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Come on then Malka what is the CRS syndrome?
You must definitely suffer from it as I have mentioned it more than once on Dogsey!

"Can't Remember Sh!t"
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2014, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post

Someone dear to me says we dont forget; we just remember differently.. assures me that no I am not going downhill rapidly just depressed after a bad, bad winter....
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2014, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by Norma808 View Post
Don't t talk to me of senior moments I've a MASTERS DIGREE in the blooming things !they don't call me Numpty Norma for nothing lol
Could write a book on the daft things I do on a daily basis the what have you done now is a regular phrase in this house

For the chuckle, thank you...

It has its consolations. Was queuing in the bank and asked the lady in front of me if she would save my place as I needed to sit down, She was fine and then so many folk asked if I wanted to go before them and was I OK..
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >