Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2013, 08:37 AM

9/11

Remembering all those, both human and canine that lost their lives on 9/11.

Something I don't think we will ever forget, nor should we
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-09-2013, 09:25 AM
Dreadful day that Jenny.
TazJas
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-09-2013, 09:43 AM
Yes I agree.
It's certainly etched in my memory, My mum ringing me and watching the news, thinking this cannot be real.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2013, 09:46 AM
Still cry my eyes out watching it....horrific
Hottie
New Member!
Female 

11-09-2013, 11:57 AM
My brother got married, on 11th September exactly one year before the terrible events of 2001.

He and his wife have decided to move their anniversary to 12th September to avoid any mixed emotions (and because he tells me that the marriage wasn't consummated until the following morning anyway - thanks bro, TMI )
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2013, 12:02 PM
An horrendous day that we shall never forget.

My youngest son's godfather worked for a gilts company in one of the towers but was away on holiday at the time. Virtually all of his workmates died.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2013, 01:01 PM
It was a day that changed the world. It was awful and so many lost their lives on that day and since with the war that it caused.

I was driving a tractor when I heard about it. We didn't have the details then and just thought "omg the stupid pilots" then we heard about the second one... at that point I headed to the shop to listen to the radio... and had the most horrific day after that. I dont think I looked away from the tv for days after. All those people and the fear and torment they endured before dying. I just cant fathom.
MissingBud
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-09-2013, 11:10 PM
I was already a member of the military then and that day will forever be etched into my memory.

I was on leave and was at an elementary school reading to a group of kids. It was hero week so each day they would have someone come in and read to a certain class, each grade and class got a turn. I was reading McDuff to a group of first graders when the news came in. I just remember the entire room getting dead silent and then me thinking OMG my friend is in the south tower. Then the principle came over the loudspeakers and said everyone we are under lockdown. Then the teacher got a call on her classroom phone, it was one of the office workers. She later told me that she was told "America's under attack." The teacher turned on the tv just in time for us to see the second plane hit the south tower. Even the kids, who were working on workshees, got quiet. After the south tower went down, with many unsuccessful calls to my friend, I turned off the tv. The kids didn't need to see what was happening. It was only later that I learned that my friend did not make it out of the south tower. He was trapped on the upper most floor.

No day in my life has stuck in my mind so vividly as that fateful day. There are a few that stick in my memory but none quite so strongly. I sure won't forget that day.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2013, 03:29 AM
No one ever will, no matter where we are. That day truly did change the world. My sister had to go fight in Afghanistan, and was forever changed because of it, and that day is the reason.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-09-2013, 08:07 AM
I was watching television - Sky News - and at the same time was on the phone to an ex-US friend here - and I remember her saying "what a terrible accident" and then, almost before she had said that the second plane hit the other tower.

And the world has never really been the same since then.

May the names of all who lost their lives on that most terrible day be never forgotten, and may their memory be for a Blessing.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >