Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2013, 06:04 AM

A Walk on the Shady Side

Bella is going to take you on her shady walk. Didn't set off until after 7am. Really hot already so decided to go to our walk but stay east side of the waterway along the fields as there is shade from the buildings there. She was so funny - looking over to the 'other side' the whole time! Even on the way back - walking forwards but looking to the side! She was good and didn't try to dart over the bridge to the 'right side' on our way back. Diverted through the little 'orchard' where she made a point of sniffing EVERY fruit tree growing there. I was happy to loiter around waiting for her until I noticed all the HORRID HUGE RED ANTS round my feet! C'mon Bella - we're going home!

https://picasaweb.google.com/1083952...LeH--D5qoHx6QE
IloveBlenheims
Dogsey Junior
Male 

29-06-2013, 07:17 AM
She's lovely and looks full of character. They are funny aren't they when things change slightly? Definitely creatures of habit.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

29-06-2013, 07:40 AM
Red ants - I would have ran faster than a greyhound to get away from them!!

Lovely photos
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-06-2013, 07:47 AM
Lovely pictures Pat - especially when watched as a slide show on full screen! xx

[reminds self to go and check on the fig trees in the side yard]
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-06-2013, 08:24 AM
She is so lovely x
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-06-2013, 08:56 AM
Lovely pictures and the captions say it all - can just imagine the thoughts going through Bella's mind as she walks - "Wonder what's taken mum's toes this morning - we don't usually go this way"
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-06-2013, 09:11 AM
What a wise girl Bella is going out in the cool of the morning when the streets are human free and then heading home for a snooze
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-06-2013, 09:22 AM
Lovely photos and looks a great place to walk, except for the red ants of course.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-06-2013, 09:49 AM
Poor Bella, wondering why mum's taking her on the 'wrong' side
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by IloveBlenheims View Post
She's lovely and looks full of character. They are funny aren't they when things change slightly? Definitely creatures of habit.
Yes I had a cat that used to have a nervous breakdown if you changed the furniture around, or even if you came home and left a case or bag in the middle of the floor!

Originally Posted by Brandykins View Post
Red ants - I would have ran faster than a greyhound to get away from them!!
Lovely photos
LOL I do a quite natty crazy stomping dance!

Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Lovely pictures Pat - especially when watched as a slide show on full screen! xx
[reminds self to go and check on the fig trees in the side yard]
I love fresh figs (and they are one of the 'super foods') but I wouldn't pick them from here as there are so few. Plenty around all over when they are ready. And people give them to you too.

Originally Posted by Anniebee View Post
She is so lovely x
Originally Posted by susannah92 View Post
Lovely pictures and the captions say it all - can just imagine the thoughts going through Bella's mind as she walks - "Wonder what's taken mum's toes this morning - we don't usually go this way"
Well when we are on the 'right side' seems all the interesting dogs are on the 'other side' - today we didn't see a soul until we met a couple of cats when almost home.

Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
What a wise girl Bella is going out in the cool of the morning when the streets are human free and then heading home for a snooze
Bella loves to meet people and dogs. It is ME that loves to meet or see no one lol! Unsociable old bint. I took a photo of 2 people at the lake 2 days ago. I was going to put it on and say 'who DO they think they are? They didn't ask my permission to come here!'

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Lovely photos and looks a great place to walk, except for the red ants of course.
Well - I see it like this - I can't have EVERYTHING!

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Poor Bella, wondering why mum's taking her on the 'wrong' side
Good reminder to me this morning - VARY her walks and VARY her timetable too. Have had a dog in the past who was fixated on her timetable. My own fault as I took her every day after dropping my daughter at school. When my daughter was old enough to go by train I still had to get out and take the dawg cos she was unbearable when she saw Jen ready to leave and we weren't going with her! Ended up giving my daughter a lift to the station for ages on account of the dawg!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >