Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2013, 09:28 PM

Party decisions!

It's my eldest daughter's fourth birthday soon and we have been pondering the guest list recently. A couple of days ago I suggested a boy she goes to preschool with her response was.

'Mmm yes, he's always got some snot'

That made me chuckle and then today when I was writing the final list I asked about him again and she said.....

'Oh, hang on! Errr will there be tissues at my party? If there are then I'll have him'

Possibly the funniest thing she has ever said to me!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2013, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
It's my eldest daughter's forth birthday soon and we have been pondering the guest list recently. A couple of days ago I suggested a boy she goes to preschool with her response was.

'Mmm yes, he's always got some snot'

That made me chuckle and then today when I was writing the final list I asked about him again and she said.....

'Oh, hang on! Errr will there be tissues at my party? If there are then I'll have him'

Possibly the funniest thing she has ever said to me!

I like your daughter!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Hehe. It's funny she should notice really because neither of them are girly girls thankfully. They are usually covered in mud and general grubbage....and yesterday they were having a farting completion the bath! That ended abruptly though when Merryn learnt that appearances can be deceptive!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-05-2013, 05:34 AM
He would be off the list sorry. I don't do snot makes my stomach churn to see babies and young children with it.
Farting in the bath is fine.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2013, 06:30 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
He would be off the list sorry. I don't do snot makes my stomach churn to see babies and young children with it.
Hehe. I think it's a preschool issue...I've never noticed snot when he's with his mum....however mine fart all the time...with great gusto!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2013, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
My understudy (when in her teens) went on a Dartmoor camp with the school doing the Ten Tors stuff. When she got back she proudly reported that she won the 'farting competition' beating all the boys. I was mortified!

As for green snotty noses. I will never forget one of the questions on one of the training courses for care of the under 5s was what would your reaction be if a child with a really thick snotty nose ran full pelt towards you for a cuddle? Smartly sidestep? My humourous answers never did go down well on those training courses!

Like when I said 'now these days we aren't allowed to bang their heads together are we?' in answer to how I would handle TWO behavioural special needs kids if they started fighting. I still laugh thinking about their faces when I said that!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-05-2013, 10:38 AM
That brings back memories some extremely embarrassing comments made at my daughter's 4th birthday party. We were then living in an 8th floor flat and a young neighbour had come in to help.

- When is the entertainer going to arrive?

- Where is the upstairs?

- Why is A's daddy not here? [I had been divorced for nearly two years]

and the worst of all, one precocious child pointing at my neighbour saying:

- Is that the au pair?
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2013, 03:23 PM
Out of the mouth of babes So funny - especially the "I'll have him"
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2013, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Yeah! That was the bit that made me really WARM to this young lady lol!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2013, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
My understudy (when in her teens) went on a Dartmoor camp with the school doing the Ten Tors stuff. When she got back she proudly reported that she won the 'farting competition' beating all the boys. I was mortified!

As for green snotty noses. I will never forget one of the questions on one of the training courses for care of the under 5s was what would your reaction be if a child with a really thick snotty nose ran full pelt towards you for a cuddle? Smartly sidestep? My humourous answers never did go down well on those training courses!

Like when I said 'now these days we aren't allowed to bang their heads together are we?' in answer to how I would handle TWO behavioural special needs kids if they started fighting. I still laugh thinking about their faces when I said that!
Mine would win too...particularly the twos year old!

Originally Posted by Malka View Post
That brings back memories some extremely embarrassing comments made at my daughter's 4th birthday party. We were then living in an 8th floor flat and a young neighbour had come in to help.

- When is the entertainer going to arrive?

- Where is the upstairs?

- Why is A's daddy not here? [I had been divorced for nearly two years]

and the worst of all, one precocious child pointing at my neighbour saying:

- Is that the au pair?
Haha,charming!

Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Yeah! That was the bit that made me really WARM to this young lady lol!
she also want Tonks and Remus to go to the party too. We'll cross that bridge later!