Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2012, 08:44 AM

Anyone else got wind??

What a night.
I brag that I live on top of a hill and so I don't get flooded but the wind and rain last night was frightening.

I hear that numerous trees are down and once again the railway line is flooded, the main route in and out of our peninsular.
Pepsi won't go out, her bladder must be bursting! If I physically pick her up and take her out she either runs back in or just stands stock still wherever I leave her.

Oh to see some sunshine
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2012, 08:51 AM
Yes it's the same here Jenny, it started last night and, as we are surrounded by fields and open land, it is really coming across the area and it's difficult to stand up in it

My bird baths and patio sets have toppled over, there are buckets spread around the garden, thank goodness we have chain link fencing as I'm sure it would be down had it been wooden panels.

Thankfully, Hen isn't bothered by it and Elkie seems to feed off his actions, they have just been having a proper romp out there and don't seem worried in the slightest

I also yearn for some sunshine x
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-12-2012, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
What a night.
I brag that I live on top of a hill and so I don't get flooded but the wind and rain last night was frightening.

I hear that numerous trees are down and once again the railway line is flooded, the main route in and out of our peninsular.
Pepsi won't go out, her bladder must be bursting! If I physically pick her up and take her out she either runs back in or just stands stock still wherever I leave her.

Oh to see some sunshine
Same here Jenny I had to physically force Chloe down the lane and she gave me a look of pure disgust . I couldn't get the umbrella up so both of us staggered blindly into the mud where Chloe did a quick pee and turned tail. Can it get any worse
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2012, 09:30 AM
Dreadful wind; it kept me awake last night.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2012, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Yes it's the same here Jenny, it started last night and, as we are surrounded by fields and open land, it is really coming across the area and it's difficult to stand up in it

My bird baths and patio sets have toppled over, there are buckets spread around the garden, thank goodness we have chain link fencing as I'm sure it would be down had it been wooden panels.

Thankfully, Hen isn't bothered by it and Elkie seems to feed off his actions, they have just been having a proper romp out there and don't seem worried in the slightest

I also yearn for some sunshine x
Oooh I bet you are really feeling it there.
I've seen your video, it does look a bit rough. Lovely to see the dogs playing though

Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Same here Jenny I had to physically force Chloe down the lane and she gave me a look of pure disgust . I couldn't get the umbrella up so both of us staggered blindly into the mud where Chloe did a quick pee and turned tail. Can it get any worse
Poor Chloe, they hate it don't they?
Mid January I think things will calm down and we will have a dry spell I think!
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Dreadful wind; it kept me awake last night.
I know the feeling!!
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-12-2012, 10:25 AM
Yeah we got it bad the day before yesterday and now it's raining IMO it has rained ALL year well near enough anyway and the mud is driving us mad !!!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Ok, I was going to make a very childish joke about your thread title Jenny but then thought better of it

Yes, I too have wind, terrible wind actually. It was rattling the extractor fan hood in the kitchen all night Max usually enjoys being out an about in normal winds - it puts him in quite a playful mood but he is not impressed by today's weather at all.

We have had a big branch come off the budleia but it missed the greenhouse - just. I was expecting to find fence panels down but so far so good....

Stay safe everyone.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2012, 11:16 AM
Its a bit breezy and dry here but not really windy as such, it is as usual overcast.
Stay safe all you that are affected and i also would love to see some sun and feel a little warmth from it too.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2012, 03:13 PM
We got wind, gales. hail thunder. lightning and power cuts all this day long.

More due tonight... aarrgghh!!

My dogs don't mind the weather; they are Irish after all and it takes a lot to stop them going out. But they went berserk when the thunder started, the pair of them... was supposed to be resting with this neuralgia too but no chance.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2012, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by nddogs View Post
Yeah we got it bad the day before yesterday and now it's raining IMO it has rained ALL year well near enough anyway and the mud is driving us mad !!!
You aren't too far from me, so you might find it's on it's way back

Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Ok, I was going to make a very childish joke about your thread title Jenny but then thought better of it

Yes, I too have wind, terrible wind actually. It was rattling the extractor fan hood in the kitchen all night Max usually enjoys being out an about in normal winds - it puts him in quite a playful mood but he is not impressed by today's weather at all.

We have had a big branch come off the budleia but it missed the greenhouse - just. I was expecting to find fence panels down but so far so good....

Stay safe everyone.
Anything to do with sprouts!!! It was entitled tongue in cheek
Glad the branch missed the greenhouse!

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Its a bit breezy and dry here but not really windy as such, it is as usual overcast.
Stay safe all you that are affected and i also would love to see some sun and feel a little warmth from it too.
It is a bit quieter now but in the night it was horrific.

Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
We got wind, gales. hail thunder. lightning and power cuts all this day long.

More due tonight... aarrgghh!!

My dogs don't mind the weather; they are Irish after all and it takes a lot to stop them going out. But they went berserk when the thunder started, the pair of them... was supposed to be resting with this neuralgia too but no chance.
Stay safe Rb xx
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >