Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
STGSD
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-10-2012, 08:57 PM

Our Parrot is missing :(

We were having laminate flooring put in our living room today so thought we'd put his cage out the back door for some fresh air so the dust and glue used wouldn't get to him. We were bringing his cage in before the sun went down and it got caught on the door rim, not being as sturdy as we thought the side dropped out of place and the top part flapped down, he freaked and as we tried to pull the cage in to shut the door he flew straight out.

We are so worried about him and whether we will see him again. If anyone knows people in Saltash area please spread the word. We searched and called till dark and I will be up at first light when he is more likely to be moving about and making noise, and he will be hungry. We have left his cage open with food in the garden just in case, and neighbours are keeping an eye out. Making up a poster and will be contacting local police, vets etc tomorrow.

Please send some luck this way xx
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-10-2012, 09:24 PM
Will send lots of 'go home' vibes your way. Fingers crossed you find him asap x
STGSD
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by alexgirl73 View Post
Will send lots of 'go home' vibes your way. Fingers crossed you find him asap x
Thank you xx
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2012, 05:44 AM
OMG - Hope he comes home.

My parrot escaped in similar circumstances a while back now, he landed on my neighbours roof and huddled into the chimney stack so he was pretty hard to spot.

I was watching him and rattling allsorts of things that he liked looking like a mad woman on the street shouting 'chipities' and waving chips in the air He did eventually fly down to the floor and I threw a towel over him and ran indoors - phew!!

If his wings haven't been clipped the RSPCA/Fire Brigade won't come out.

Good Luck - hope you find him today
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-10-2012, 06:04 AM
Good luck.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2012, 06:25 AM
I hope you find your parrot.
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-10-2012, 07:26 AM
Oh I really hope he comes home soon.

When I was a little girl our budgie flew out of an open window. We searched and searched but never found him. Many years later, my mum was chatting to someone who lives at the bottom of our road, who said sadly her old budgie had just died - years previously she had been hanging her washing out and this budgie had landed on her head. It was yellow and almost definitely JoJo. So at least we knew he'd had a good home.

Hopefully something like a parrot will be easily spotted and he'll be safely home soon.
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2012, 07:38 AM
Really hope he is found safe and well very soon! I do know of a success story of a parrot found after three days so it is possible.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2012, 07:38 AM
I am so sorry Sarah, what an awful thing to happen I do hope he returns safe and sound really, really soon x
rough
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-10-2012, 07:49 AM
my cousins was missing for a week he was spotted in a tree nearby and eventually did fly to him, so fingers crossed for you too x
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >