Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2012, 07:03 PM

Furious with Apple

Im really not one to run my mouth but I swear I have never been so revolted in my life.

My macbook at 4 years old is no spring chicken and stopped booting. I took it into e apple store having booked an appointment... Got there very politely asked a member of staff who wasn't doing anything if I needed to go upstairs, wheni was then snapped at 'can't you see how busy we are, does it look like the bar is down here?' erm well I asked you because you were doing nothing. Arrive, get my name taken,nthen get told to wait, while ten people most of whome without appointments got sortedandi was told word for word it was because my laptop was old and an awkward make and iPhones were soooo easy to fix, thus I sat for an age after my booked appointment. Get there man finally comes to see me (cant fault him he was lovely) runs some stuff through it and leaves me with his collegue to sort everything, get told (suspiciously as its nearing closing time) that lo and behold it now works. Get home..... Course it doesn't. It boots but everything else is broken. Cursor won't click, track pad works in spots, none of the keys work.

and my hard drive has been wiped, all my photos are gone which is the worst. They are backed up online but in nowhere near as good quality. Missed a drs appointment, missed lunch, don't have anything to eat till half 6 as I was told I had to wait with my machine. So cross and after all that looks like I'll be buying a new one anyway.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Write a letter to Head Office and also customer service? It always pays to complain, I find.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

02-03-2012, 07:34 PM
I would definitely complain - I am sure their head office will want to know as that's the complete opposite of how Apple built their loyalty!

Let us know how you get on.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Give 'em hell!

How dare they treat you like that.

I would be fuming (I'm pretty cross right now......)

x0x
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

02-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Head offices simply pass the complaints to the line manager

better to ask the store manager for the phone numbner of the area manager and contact that person directly, if that doesn't work get the number of their boss

they will all try hard to avoid it, if they do then phone the head office complaining that they refused your request

believe me, this will work
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-03-2012, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Write a letter to Head Office and also customer service? It always pays to complain, I find.
Yes write, e-mail, and phone, and take photocopies and if you don't get a reply write, e-mail, and phone again.

Look up the branch on line and send to the most senior person you can find. Always write to the top man / woman and never to 'Customer Services' 'cos it'll just get lost.
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

02-03-2012, 08:56 PM
pm me if you want help on this
Azz
Administrator
Male 

02-03-2012, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by nickmcmechan View Post
Head offices simply pass the complaints to the line manager

better to ask the store manager for the phone numbner of the area manager and contact that person directly, if that doesn't work get the number of their boss

they will all try hard to avoid it, if they do then phone the head office complaining that they refused your request

believe me, this will work
Are you talking about Apple or generally? Because I don't think Apple do things quite like other retailers tbh.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2012, 11:25 AM
thanks everyone. Had a cooling off period so will get on angry email writing today!