Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-05-2011, 07:03 PM

Would you ?

Consider a 9 week old puppy that was biting to be leader of the pack ?

I sometimes hop on an American Bernese forum and this person is moaning that their 9 week old puppy is biting won't stop and when they grab the scruff and put him on his back he gets even more aggressive. They now think he is trying to be leader of the pack.

I have given them a few tips and sent them the Ian Dunbar bite inhibition link and also reminded them he has not long been away from his siblings and has to learn a whole new way of how to behave with his human pack. I have also mentioned if they were thinking of tapping his nose not too as it could make him hand shy.

Poor baby must wonder whats going on.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 07:05 PM
I would also suggest that if he puts frozen butter on his skin and teaches the dog to lick rather than bite - he won't have the problem...
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post

I sometimes hop on an American Bernese forum and this person is moaning that their 9 week old puppy is biting won't stop and when they grab the scruff and put him on his back he gets even more aggressive. They now think he is trying to be leader of the pack.

I have given them a few tips and sent them the Ian Dunbar bite inhibition link and also reminded them he has not long been away from his siblings and has to learn a whole new way of how to behave with his human pack. I have also mentioned if they were thinking of tapping his nose not too as it could make him hand shy.

i dont blame him!!! poor little s*d
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post

Er no, other than giving them the Ian Dunbar article I do not think you can do any more.
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 07:08 PM
It really makes you wonder where some people get thier ideas from
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-05-2011, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I would also suggest that if he puts frozen butter on his skin and teaches the dog to lick rather than bite - he won't have the problem...
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
i dont blame him!!! poor little s*d
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Er no, other than giving them the Ian Dunbar article I do not think you can do any more.
Originally Posted by Milk maid View Post
It really makes you wonder where some people get thier ideas from
Thanks guys I hope they take it on board.

Forgot to say the title is he keeps attacking me.

They have his picture on their profile and he is the cutest little thing.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-05-2011, 07:15 PM
When coco bites me I put her on her back ceaser style(no not the salad lol) and then i blow and go wibble on her belly ...lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-05-2011, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
When coco bites me I put her on her back ceaser style(no not the salad lol) and then i blow and go wibble on her belly ...lol
You are so cruel.

See that is what I would do. I love pink puppy bellies.
Deran9ed
New Member!
Male 

28-05-2011, 06:41 PM
I'm sorry but if someone picked me up and then threw me on my back i'd bite them too.
Thats the same as him punching someone in the face and expecting them not to retaliate.
People really need to stop taking advice from CM.

I see him as the worst thing to happen to dog training in a long time.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2011, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by Deran9ed View Post
I'm sorry but if someone picked me up and then threw me on my back i'd bite them too.
Thats the same as him punching someone in the face and expecting them not to retaliate.
People really need to stop taking advice from CM.

I see him as the worst thing to happen to dog training in a long time.
The trouble is he's actually written a new book in which he appears with Ian Dunbar (among other positive method trainers). Crafty eh? (I got it from the library as I certainly don't want to be lining his pockets by buying the book!).
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >