Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mistygrey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-01-2011, 05:39 PM

Poor Pippy - in vets after running into a door

Pippy ran into a door at speed earlier tonight and caught the top of her front leg (shoulder blade?) on the side of the door. She couldn't put her leg down, was very distressed and made the most upsetting noise I've ever heard so I put her in the car and took her straight to the vets. The vet has kept her in and they will do x-rays tomorrow. If it's fractured they will need to operate. She's only 4 months old and a whippet so her bones are very fine. We all feel so upset.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 05:48 PM
Oh poor Pippy and no wonder you are upset. Hopefully it won't be fractured and she will be back home with you tomorrow. Puppies get themselves into all sorts of trouble don't they.
mistygrey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-01-2011, 06:04 PM
Don't they just. Whippets move so fast and solid wooden external doors are so hard... She was only at the vets this morning for a check up and the vet said what lovely condition she was in. We have an amazing vet who is going to call us tonight and first thing. Fingers crossed.
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 07:08 PM
oh no! I hope it isn't fractured. Puppy bones are a bit spongey and more difficult to fracture so hopefully her youth is in her favor. Let us know how it goes!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 07:11 PM
What a horrible thing to happen, I do hope that there is nothing broken but if there is then at least she is in the best hands and hopefully can be sorted out quickly.

Whippets are so gorgeous but so fragile aren't they - I don't remember ever seeing one without scars all over the place!
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Oh hugs for some good news in the morning.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Aawww poor Pippy, hope she will be ok.
Try not to worry too much she is in good hands. Keep us up to date with what is going on.
Hugs x
mistygrey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Thanks everybody - it's nice to have some support. It was so upsetting to hear her in so much pain. She is always racing in and out of the door (well being a whippet she races everywhere) but she must have just misjudged it this time.

The vet called a little while ago to say that she has responded well to the painkillers so they have been able to have a good look at it so they are more hopeful now. I imagine they will still x-ray in the morning. Thanks again for the messages.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Glad she is more comfortable now and I hope there is some good news in the morning.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 07:34 PM
Sounds really promising so hopefully no fracture.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >