Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 05:38 PM

Trying to stay strong

There are so many people trying to and do stay strong through most terrible things and am sorry because feel selfish, am being daft but would very much value anyones advice/experiences. The past five years have been of death, illness, trauma, legal issues etc. It has all sent me bit off track (sorry for being outspoken in posts). My Dad was deaf and blind(other probs) when he died in respite care due to a fall, I was not there with him, it's terrible He loved my dog and she really cheered him up, I don't know how I would be coping without her. Bit of 'dog power' going on here, sorry to offload
Many thanks
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 06:05 PM
You poor thing. Life sometimes seems so full of highs and lows. I Know how you feel. The last ten years for me have been from one extreme to another. I lost my mum, my dad became seriously ill, heart attacks etc. Then I nearly died, spent 4 months in hospital and six months in a wheelchair then 3 days after christmas I lost my dad. But I've also had good things happen. I met the man I intend to spend the rest of my life with. There are still ups and downs but the one constant through most of this was Tilly. She has been there to make me strong and lick my tears away. Im sure you feel the same. Dogs really are so much more than just a pet to us. Big hugs to you. It does get easier. I know, Ive been there.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 06:14 PM
Life hurts sometimes. Just hang on in there - a big hug to you from me and the furry ones.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 06:30 PM
Thankyou both so much you are very kind, am sure it's the dogs that keep us strong. I have a best friend who is 90 years old and lived with dogs all their life, go most days to walk her dog, which she did until serious illnesss. For me the love and strength a dog can bring is like no other
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-10-2010, 06:33 PM
Sorry to hear things are tuff at the moment.

(((Hugs))) I hope things start to improve soon.

We are all here when you need a chat.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 06:35 PM
Hey you off load whenever you need. We all have to do it from time to time.
You have had a bad time. I hope things get better and that the next 5 years will be the best ever for you.
We are always here when you want a rant
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 06:37 PM
Hoping you will be okay hun, most of us have 'been there' at some time or another and are always willing to lend a shoulder Lots of hugs from me and the gang xxx
I know I wouldn't get through my lows without my mad gang, they cheer me up so much and make life so worthwhile at times.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Thankyou x
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Hi K9paw, Life's a bitch sometimes ain't it - i know, i'm living it, lol.

Your dog, your health and what you value are what will see you through - that and the good folks on Dogsey. Sometimes it's easier to chat/rant/etc to strangers - although here, you feel most folks are your friend in an online sort of way.

Keep your head up is basically what i'm trying to say. My mad mutt and i send you a hug
swarthy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-10-2010, 08:31 PM
I understand totally how you feel - I lost my beloved father just 6 weeks ago today after suffering horrifically, within 10 minutes of me leaving his bedside

As a family we too have been to hell predominantly on the health front - but a whole host of other things as well

Getting over bereavement does take time - I know I have good days and bad days - with bad bits on the good days and good bits on the bad days (if that makes sense)

I don't think you ever forget - but you do hopefully get things into perspective.

I don't want to intrude, and I don't think anyone can understand someone else's grief - but if you are really struggling to cope, can I suggest you call Cruse - while I've not used them myself, I know both my MIL and stepson used them after a very difficult period of bereavement - and they were truly excellent

http://www.crusebereavementcare.org.uk/
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >