Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 04:55 AM

Good morning everyone - Thursday!

Morning all,

Well, there’s news on the bike, and it ain’t good....... it needs a new alternator (£297) and a new regulator (£214) plus labour, plus recovery, not forgetting the government donation (VAT).

It also needs a new tyre (£100) and an MOT. This, along with Baz’s need to take a day off work, we reckon we’re looking at around a grand.

Baz and I need a little lie down in a darkened room.....

Ah, well, there’s naff all we can do about it, eh? Paper round, anyone?

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe.

Today's gem:
Daddy, why doesn't this magnet pick up this floppy disk?
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 05:00 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all. What a nightmare about the bike Vicki but as you say, what can you do? Extra lottery ticket maybe?

Well I'm off to London with Andrea this morning. Reservations at Gordon Ramsay's at Claridges at 2:30 and off to see Dirty Dancing tonight...nobody puts baby in a corner...Can't wait.

See you all tomorrow night when I'm back. Have a good Thursday all
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 05:07 AM
Morning Vicki and all,
Jeez Vicki that is a blow with Baz's bike, I honestly never thought bikes were that expensive to get fixed.
My car failed its MOT yesterday on upper and lower ball joints so thats in next week to get the work done to give me another year with it. Luckily the MOT doesn't run out yet so I can carry on using it. Just as well as Charly wants me to take her to Ipswich today to primark for her holiday clothes shopping.
I'm dreading it as she takes so long trying everything on and I get so bored standing outside the changing rooms with baskets of stuff for her to keep coming and getting.
Have a good and less boring day than me everyone.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 05:22 AM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Morning Vicki, morning all. What a nightmare about the bike Vicki but as you say, what can you do? Extra lottery ticket maybe?

Well I'm off to London with Andrea this morning. Reservations at Gordon Ramsay's at Claridges at 2:30 and off to see Dirty Dancing tonight...nobody puts baby in a corner...Can't wait.

See you all tomorrow night when I'm back. Have a good Thursday all
Morning J you and Andrea have a brilliant time honey x0x

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Vicki and all,
Jeez Vicki that is a blow with Baz's bike, I honestly never thought bikes were that expensive to get fixed.
My car failed its MOT yesterday on upper and lower ball joints so thats in next week to get the work done to give me another year with it. Luckily the MOT doesn't run out yet so I can carry on using it. Just as well as Charly wants me to take her to Ipswich today to primark for her holiday clothes shopping.
I'm dreading it as she takes so long trying everything on and I get so bored standing outside the changing rooms with baskets of stuff for her to keep coming and getting.
Have a good and less boring day than me everyone.
Morning Bev - sounds like a nightmare to me (the shopping bit) - best of luck!
LittleMonkies
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-07-2010, 05:26 AM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Well I'm off to London with Andrea this morning. Reservations at Gordon Ramsay's at Claridges at 2:30 :
Oooh have you been before? My parents are going in October. Please let me know what it's like!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 05:50 AM
[QUOTE=Vicki;2009273]Morning J you and Andrea have a brilliant time honey x0x

Thanks Vicki, We will xx

Originally Posted by LittleMonkies View Post
Oooh have you been before? My parents are going in October. Please let me know what it's like!
We went a couple of years ago and it was gorgeous. That's why we're doing back. You're parents will love it
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 05:51 AM
Morning Vicki, morning Shane, morning all

How annoying about Baz's bike Vicki...you're over a barrel though as he needs it for work I hope something comes up which means you can find the money xx

Nothing much planned for today...I didn't get round to bathing Henry yesterday so thats a must for later on, other than that, it's updating the website but that gets really boring after a while ..then ringcraft training this evening

Hope you all have a good day xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 05:51 AM
Good Morning Cuz xxx

Think your garage should of given you a sedation before the news

Weather dry and looking like a sunny one. Plenty to do today, pantomine dealings still it passes a morning away

Morning All may all your troubles be little ones and the day be a good one for you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 06:28 AM
morning vicki, morning all, well one down, two to go, Auditors in again today so should go quick.

have a great day everyone and stay safe
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-07-2010, 06:46 AM
Morning Vicki, morning Shane, morning all.

(((Hugs))) for you and Baz about the bike just having my car cost loads I really do sympathise. Should this not of all been picked up at the service ? Or is that just for general things like oil etc., ?

(((Hugs))) Bev re: the car and your shopping trip.

Have a lovely time in London Jackie and enjoy ringcraft tonight Sheree.

Quiet day for me today I cleaned all the windows yesterday except two so hope to get those done today then I can relax.

Have a good day all.