Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 01:10 PM

Summer 2010 hanging baskets/pots etc

Come on then this is the Summer2010 hanging basket/pot/window box etc...thread to submit your plans, and then pictures....so what are we going for where....any new ideas? plants?

I will be a bit behind due to circumstances but will be with you before you know it
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 02:27 PM
Too early! It`s still freezing cold here.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 04:25 PM
My baskets are all hanging in the greenhouse waiting for the weather to warm up. I have put Lobelia, trailing Fuschias and trailing Petunias in them. I would post some pics but my camera is poorly.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 08:05 PM
I'm holding off for another couple of weeks - hoping for warmer weather.....

Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I'm holding off for another couple of weeks - hoping for warmer weather.....

Me too and by then a little better recovery wise....but better every day. 3 1/2 weeks Post Op 4 weeks Wed still early days.....
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 08:50 PM
mine are held off too at the moment, but I have some planned for the allotment also....on the shed xxx Hopefully I will post when they are blooming
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Mine are in and up,I'm too impatient
I have all Sufinia Petunia's in the baskets again Hot Pinks and Purple's .After last years heavy bursts of sunshine and strong rain i said i wasn't going to have them this year cause they went to seed so early despite me deadheading twice a day but i do love them.I have Ten baskets altogether with the front and back so they should look lovely
I have some beautiful Pansies that someone gave me a tray of and they've filled 6 pots and i have a Three tiered basket stand that has self seeded from last year full of Viola's (well i think they're Viola's) in a range of Purple's Blue's,yellow's and white's.My Calundula's have self seeded as well
Last year's Two hardy Fushia's are in one big pot together now and are leafing up nicely (they were very late last year) so i'm expecting a nice display from them this time.Apart from the baskets i have only bought Two Hot Pink Celosa's which are very pretty,One Penstemon as i lost last years and planted various seeds from my Gardening magazines in a few pot's...Swan river daisy's,Nicotiana and something Dahlia like.
My Clematis look like they are going to have a better year this year and have massive buds all over particually the Nelly Moser and Countess de bouchard? around my front door,The Montana is currently flowering and i have a Dr Ruppell growing up and around my Blossom Tree with nice hefty buds on I'm looking for some evergreen ones to plant up and over the shed this Summer,Avalanche and Wisley Cream have caught my eye so far
My wisteria is looking glorius as usual but no Flowers again
The rest are all staples that i have year round, 3 Black Grasses,6 various Cordylines, 3 ferns,a Vibernum,a Yucca a small fir type tree and 4 of some type of evergreen (red berry in winter) type shrubs

Will get my camera out later and take some pics for you,i so love gardening its my little bit of therapy,am so looking forward to summer
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Mine are still in the greenhouse too. As well as all the usuals i'm trying trailing osteospermums this year, anyone tried the trailing variety ?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by tink View Post
Mine are in and up,I'm too impatient
I have all Sufinia Petunia's in the baskets again Hot Pinks and Purple's .After last years heavy bursts of sunshine and strong rain i said i wasn't going to have them this year cause they went to seed so early despite me deadheading twice a day but i do love them.I have Ten baskets altogether with the front and back so they should look lovely
I have some beautiful Pansies that someone gave me a tray of and they've filled 6 pots and i have a Three tiered basket stand that has self seeded from last year full of Viola's (well i think they're Viola's) in a range of Purple's Blue's,yellow's and white's.My Calundula's have self seeded as well
Last year's Two hardy Fushia's are in one big pot together now and are leafing up nicely (they were very late last year) so i'm expecting a nice display from them this time.Apart from the baskets i have only bought Two Hot Pink Celosa's which are very pretty,One Penstemon as i lost last years and planted various seeds from my Gardening magazines in a few pot's...Swan river daisy's,Nicotiana and something Dahlia like.
My Clematis look like they are going to have a better year this year and have massive buds all over particually the Nelly Moser and Countess de bouchard? around my front door,The Montana is currently flowering and i have a Dr Ruppell growing up and around my Blossom Tree with nice hefty buds on I'm looking for some evergreen ones to plant up and over the shed this Summer,Avalanche and Wisley Cream have caught my eye so far
My wisteria is looking glorius as usual but no Flowers again
The rest are all staples that i have year round, 3 Black Grasses,6 various Cordylines, 3 ferns,a Vibernum,a Yucca a small fir type tree and 4 of some type of evergreen (red berry in winter) type shrubs

Will get my camera out later and take some pics for you,i so love gardening its my little bit of therapy,am so looking forward to summer
That sounds superb a brilliant display and looking forward to the pictures. The pink and purple surfina's should look Good its a colour combination I am doing in the front....Also doing blue and white in the baskets at the back bit of a change.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by Rookgeordiegirl View Post
Mine are still in the greenhouse too. As well as all the usuals i'm trying trailing osteospermums this year, anyone tried the trailing variety ?
No I haven't but did look at them last year to use in the troughs for this year if that makes any sense..look forward to hearing how you get on
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >