Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2010, 07:57 AM

Dogsey vibes for Onion please.

Onion (one of the chickens) has been really poorly.
She started 3 days ago with a blocked crop which we unblocked but she stopped eating also. We took her to a vet who thought she had an infection in the crop and unfortunately being a chicken was little he could do, but gave us AB's, we've had her indoors and syringed AB's as prescribed and given her as much comfort as her illness will allow

She's never been a strong chicken even from when we rescued her from the Ex Battery, but we live in hope that she is a little fighter.

Good news this morning is that she has eaten a little food, although I am still syringing water, and she is going to her food every now and agin to have a bit more....so that in my book is a plus sign.....fingers xxxx

But she is still poorly very fluffed up and miserable, so she is not out of the woods yet.

Please send healing vibes,I know Im no Dr Dolittle, but I would hate to see her go to Rainbow Bridge
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2010, 07:58 AM
Poor Onion. Sending Dogsey vibes for the lovely chicken. Get well soon Onion. xx
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2010, 07:59 AM
Poor baby! Sending tons of healing and positive vibes that she's better really soon. xxxxxx
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2010, 08:00 AM
Aww poor Onion... wishing her a speedy recovery, little lovely {{{{VIBES}}}} for her and ((((HUGS)))) for you too xxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2010, 08:06 AM
Oh, that's so sad...... I do hope Onion recovers - with your TLC she could well do just that, Steph. Sending loads of healing vibes x0x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2010, 08:14 AM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Poor Onion. Sending Dogsey vibes for the lovely chicken. Get well soon Onion. xx
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
Poor baby! Sending tons of healing and positive vibes that she's better really soon. xxxxxx
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
Aww poor Onion... wishing her a speedy recovery, little lovely {{{{VIBES}}}} for her and ((((HUGS)))) for you too xxx
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Oh, that's so sad...... I do hope Onion recovers - with your TLC she could well do just that, Steph. Sending loads of healing vibes x0x
Thank you guys....it means alot. I know several people have told me ''its just a chicken'' but even ''just a chicken'' deserves a chance
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-05-2010, 08:14 AM
Hope Onion recovers soon. X
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2010, 08:17 AM
I hope she recovers soon.....

PS - Love the name....I had a Hamster called Onion once - a very special little man
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2010, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Hope Onion recovers soon. X
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I hope she recovers soon.....

PS - Love the name....I had a Hamster called Onion once - a very special little man
Thank you I am passing your vibes on.

Onion so called for two reasons, we have Paxo tyme Sage and Rosemary, and plus she is the little thick one abit of an Onion
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2010, 10:22 AM
As others have said Steph, I know that she has the best chances with you looking after her.

The fact that she's trying to eat again does sound promising...I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for her. xx
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »