View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 06:33 PM

New American fridge freezer.anyone got one?

I have afew questions if anyone has one of the big American fridge freezers with ice and water plumbed in.

How do you get rid of the fridge smell?

If yours is on wheels is there anyway to stop it wheeling towards you when you open the door?

If yours has ice and water plumbed in was there a funny taste at first and if so does it go away ?
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
I have afew questions if anyone has one of the big American fridge freezers with ice and water plumbed in.

How do you get rid of the fridge smell? what smell? we don't have a smell

If yours is on wheels is there anyway to stop it wheeling towards you when you open the door? ours isn't on wheels

If yours has ice and water plumbed in was there a funny taste at first and if so does it go away ?
you are supposed to run quite a few litres before drinking it - then switch the ice maker on

I take it you are having probs then? I love ours, especially the ice & crushed ice. we've had it 2 years. The filter usually lasts around 6 months.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 06:40 PM
I will go and do that now then......OH set it up!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
I will go and do that now then......OH set it up!
says it all then dont it
Isn't Dogsey going all posh now, what with you and your big american fridge, and Helena with her posh bedroom, and me with me wet room....get us now!!!!!!

Elaine xxx
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 09:23 PM
You should probably discard the first lot of ice as well, if I recall correctly we had to. Can't help with the wheeling towards you though as mine is on wheels but isn't exactly the easiest thing to move. Have you much stuff in it yet? I imagine that it will be less likely to move itself once you have the freezer fairly full.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 09:32 PM
hadnt thought about that shaynlola. It is all empty at the mo.I have put a tub of bicarb in to absorb the "new" smell and the ice sems to be getting btter. we binned the first load.I will fill it tomorrow so that should help the wheelie issue!
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 09:40 PM
If the bicarb doesn't work, try wiping down the interior with a solution of white vinegar and warm water.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2009, 06:32 AM
oooooooooooo I saw on "Animals do the funniets things" last night a dog who got his own ice from these fridges!
Luckily ours can't reach!
Also, Don't forget to switch the ice maker off when it's full!
Does yours have "party mode"? it's a little cocktail glass on the display which means you can stick a bottle of wine/beer in (which a guest has brought unchilled to the party) and it chills it in 30 mins then lets you know it's ready! I kept showing off with mine when we first got it. Any excuse for a party lol!!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2009, 06:36 AM
I have one, and you do have to discard the first load of ice..... also, when changing the filter (these cost a fortune, by the way ) you have to run water through until you get a clear glassfull.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2009, 08:21 AM
Thanks for all of the tips. Fudge is still curious about the ice maker, but hasn't yet attempted to get her own!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >