Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 10:49 AM

Help me choose

For our first wedding anniversary gift to Neil do I get:

a) A silver key ring with Woody's paw and my hand written message on the back - http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/to..._print_keyring (£50 over budget but a VERY special keepsake)

or

b) A ticket to go to the Goodwood Festival of Speed. £50 so in budget, he's also wanted to go and it's in keeping with the paper theme.

Have also made him a card with the village where we got married cut out of a map into a heart shape ;o)
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 10:52 AM
I would go with the Goodwood ticket personally.... the keyring is lovely, but £100!!!

You'd never want to actually use it, so it would end up in a cupboard or drawer, whereas the ticket can be used, and he can buy something from the festival as a keepsake.

I bought Mark a supercar driving day for his 30th, cost me loads, but we took loads of pics, and he got a certificate and a programme to keep as well.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-08-2009, 10:53 AM
I like the key ring but personally I would go for the Goodwood Festival especially if that is what he has always wanted to do and its in budget.

Happy Anniversary.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 10:56 AM
I know. I should be sensible really but the key ring is so fab and I know he would love it. It would also defo be used.

Trouble is, I wont be able to go to the festival with him so he'll be going with my Dad, but he would just love it.

Also, key ring is not in keeping with the theme ;o) How long do I have to wait until our silver?
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I like the key ring but personally I would go for the Goodwood Festival especially if that is what he has always wanted to do and its in budget.

Happy Anniversary.
Thanks Lynn. It's Woody's first birthday on the same day ;o)
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-08-2009, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I know. I should be sensible really but the key ring is so fab and I know he would love it. It would also defo be used.

Trouble is, I wont be able to go to the festival with him so he'll be going with my Dad, but he would just love it.

Also, key ring is not in keeping with the theme ;o) How long do I have to wait until our silver?
Another 24 Anniversaries to go.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 11:01 AM
I would go with Goodwood as well. The keyring is absolutely lovely but if it is over budget then I would wait until I could afford it at a later date for another special occasion
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 11:07 AM
I think goodwood would make more sense.....Key ring could be a xmas pressie or birthday - it is not something that is going to go, where as goodwood would be a one off.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 11:23 AM
i think the goodwood festival ticket would be better - within budget and something he really wants. i do think the keepsake is a lovely idea but think its maybe more what you would want to receive off him than the other way round ???
maybe you could drop some hints !!! LOL
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Goodwood
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >