Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-11-2016, 09:52 PM

Good dog...

A little Yorkie likes Max and tagged along but her owner wanted her to return. The Yorkie wasn't having any of it so I sent Max to the owner. Problem solved.

Of course we all love our pets but, for me, that was just a bit special.
Ms. M
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-11-2016, 08:12 AM
That is very unforgettable experience.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-11-2016, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by Ms. M View Post
That is very unforgettable experience.
It's not the first time he has done it. A couple of neighbours' dogs have been led back home when they wouldn't respond to the owner's recall. They shout at their dog and I don't think that's right. Dogs can hear pretty well.

At two an a half Max is still quite a young dog. I can walk for an hour or more with little or no instruction required. He is off the lead and runs in and out of trees and bushes. I lose sight of him from time to time but I don't worry. He watches me.

Now and again, I wait for him only to find that he is up ahead looking back to see where I am.

He is a joy.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2016, 09:48 AM
Max sounds a lovely dog. The beauty of the herding breeds is that they tend to want to be with their owner, working as a partnership and a team, rather than some other breeds of dog who enjoy (and have been selectively bred) to range further afield and work independently.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2016, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
It's not the first time he has done it. A couple of neighbours' dogs have been led back home when they wouldn't respond to the owner's recall. They shout at their dog and I don't think that's right. Dogs can hear pretty well.

At two an a half Max is still quite a young dog. I can walk for an hour or more with little or no instruction required. He is off the lead and runs in and out of trees and bushes. I lose sight of him from time to time but I don't worry. He watches me.

Now and again, I wait for him only to find that he is up ahead looking back to see where I am.

He is a joy.
and a joy to own, he sounds lovely. Besoeker
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-11-2016, 11:11 PM
Thank you for the kind comments. He is lovely But he can have a sense of mischief/fun. He'll take one of his balls to the top of the stairs and pushes it off so it bounces down one step at a time....

Currently, he has a marrow fat bone. He chucks it down in the kitchen laminate floor to see how much noise he can make.