Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

17-03-2010, 02:18 PM

Dog Wash Machine!!!

Looks cruel - how can a dog breathe in such hot air!?

A washing machine for dogs is proving to be a boon for pets in Japan who shun a traditional bath.

The ''dog wash'' was designed in the US and gives pets an automatic drenching with warm water and a blow-dry.
See vid here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/8571591.stm
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Looks like she is putting the dog into a big microwave. Cant you just imagine small children after seeing this deciding to give the family pet a "wash" in the microwave, makes you shudder.

I certainly wouldnt use one - poor dog is distressed, look at how he/she is clawing franctically to get out and thats before it even begins.
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-03-2010, 02:48 PM
I saw that - Robbie would have a nervous breakdown if I put him in one of them!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-03-2010, 03:13 PM
They don't have them big enough for Ollie yet, but if they did he would not be going in one he would be traumatized.
Luckypirate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Noooot good =[
Jet would never let me come near him with a hairdryer, beign trapped inside a giant dryer is literally is worst nightmare. Towels however, he adores.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

17-03-2010, 03:22 PM
Imagine all the paws that are going to get caught in the door too! You can just picture some nasty operator 'forcing' the dog to 'get in'!!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-03-2010, 03:58 PM
What if the machine malfunctioned or there was a power cut . I think it looks dreadful and could traumatise a dog making it fearful of water .

If a dog has a bad experience in the machine this could cause a dog's owner big problems if they happen to have anything in their home which looks or sounds like the washing machine. A dog may associate it with the bad experience and become fearful of being in the same room with the object.
LillyRose
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-03-2010, 04:24 PM
I agree with Mini 100%.We hear enough horror stories involving dogs.How long before an incident happens in the household? Makes me shudder and feel very sad at the same time

I saw this this morning,I was horrified! To me, a dog's bath is as much as an opportunity for bonding,just as brushing etc is.You can't speak soothingly to your dog in there! I don't think I could cope with watching Scarlett's little anxious eyes through the glass.It seems barbaric.They don't know that when you shut that door you're not leaving them forever in there

Also, as someone pointed out, that little dog is clawing at the door! One can't expect a dog to be "ok" with something if they've never been introduced to it steadily and in the correct manner.And what happens when the dog is so scared it leaves a wee pressie in there?

IMO it's a quick fix because folk don't want to be a smart, caring owner and introduce a dog to having a bath, the correct way.

That's my pennies worth on it
Shepherd
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-03-2010, 05:03 PM
OMG! That's horrible! The dog looks terrified. What a lazy option for owners to use and terrible invention.

My guy isn't a big fan of baths, but giving him one is all part of the fun of being a dog owner. I know he would prefer me giving him a bath even if he's not to fond of it than being shoved in a machine.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2010, 06:11 PM
My god I wouldn't put my dogs in one of those!!! I went into a car wash once with the dogs in the boot and they went beserk....they hated it! If they went in one of those they'd never forgive me!! It's horrible!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >