Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2012, 08:07 AM

Good morning everyone - Saturday!

Morning all,

Thanks to STILL not having a washing machine (waiting for parts) part of today is going to be spent in the local launderette with Baz (I refuse to go on my own).

I’ve not been in one for many years, so I don’t even know what to expect any more.

I’ll take a bag of change and plenty of washing powder and conditioner. Anyone know how long a wash cycle is?

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe

Today's gem:
Two can live as cheaply as one, for half as long.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-01-2012, 08:18 AM
Morning, I can't remember how long the cycle was but you might have to use the soap powder they sell. Take some magazines to while away the time.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2012, 08:19 AM
Best take plenty of 'change'. Last time I used a launderette in the UK (more than 5 yrs ago) it cost over a fiver a load!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2012, 08:22 AM
Morning all.

I don't think I've ever used a launderette so can't help, but I would imagine it's a 'take your book' job.

I'm feeling a bit 'off' today, but don't know why. Had a couple of 'light headed' spells yesterday, but nothing serious (just put it down to tiredness), but today head feels woozy. Maybe a nap this afternoon then.

The harness arrived yesterday and is perfect. It came too late to use it on yesterday's walk, but it will get a test run today.

They are saying we might get snow on Monday <shock, horror and in January too> so I guess we'll just have to make the most of the weekend.

Whatever you're all up to - enjoy!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-01-2012, 08:33 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all.

Good luck with the launderette Vicki. Years since I have used one did use the tumble dryer at the campsite last year to dry the children's swiming towels. I do know you don't get long for your money.

Hope you feel better soon Brierley and good luck with the harness.

Off to walk Dillon in a bit then we are popping to the vet to weigh him and pick up his vaccination card I left behind on our last visit.

Like the gem today. Have a good day all.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-01-2012, 08:37 AM
'morning Vicki, Pat, Twix, Chris, Lynn, and who follow

Vicki, I hope your trip to the launderette goes OK today, at least you have that option, out local launderette is sixty miles away I've been telling OH we should get another machine and keep the old one as back up but the message hasn't got through oh definately take a good book Excellant gem today BTW

another minus 10C last night, again Bara was outside all night but I was pleased to see that she did come around to the back door where we have put an old duvet covered with a blanket and she was sleeping on that at 5 am.

Have a good day all of you out there.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2012, 08:40 AM
Originally Posted by twix View Post
Morning, I can't remember how long the cycle was but you might have to use the soap powder they sell. Take some magazines to while away the time.
Morning Twix - thanks hon x

Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Best take plenty of 'change'. Last time I used a launderette in the UK (more than 5 yrs ago) it cost over a fiver a load!
Morning Pat - £5 a load? Good grief!

Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Morning all.

I don't think I've ever used a launderette so can't help, but I would imagine it's a 'take your book' job.

I'm feeling a bit 'off' today, but don't know why. Had a couple of 'light headed' spells yesterday, but nothing serious (just put it down to tiredness), but today head feels woozy. Maybe a nap this afternoon then.

The harness arrived yesterday and is perfect. It came too late to use it on yesterday's walk, but it will get a test run today.

They are saying we might get snow on Monday <shock, horror and in January too> so I guess we'll just have to make the most of the weekend.

Whatever you're all up to - enjoy!!
Morning Chris

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Vicki, morning all.

Good luck with the launderette Vicki. Years since I have used one did use the tumble dryer at the campsite last year to dry the children's swiming towels. I do know you don't get long for your money.

Hope you feel better soon Brierley and good luck with the harness.

Off to walk Dillon in a bit then we are popping to the vet to weigh him and pick up his vaccination card I left behind on our last visit.

Like the gem today. Have a good day all.
Morning Lynn

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
'morning Vicki, Pat, Twix, Chris, Lynn, and who follow

Vicki, I hope your trip to the launderette goes OK today, at least you have that option, out local launderette is sixty miles away I've been telling OH we should get another machine and keep the old one as back up but the message hasn't got through oh definately take a good book Excellant gem today BTW

another minus 10C last night, again Bara was outside all night but I was pleased to see that she did come around to the back door where we have put an old duvet covered with a blanket and she was sleeping on that at 5 am.

Have a good day all of you out there.
Morning Harvey
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2012, 08:48 AM
My daughter has just told me that where she lived in student digs in Berks last year - it cost £8 for one 'service load' at the launderette! Geez!

I do recall that, when my own washing machine broke down terminally just 6 months before I was due to sell up and leave the UK - I first thought I'd use the launderette until I left. When I found out how much it cost - it worked out cheaper to buy the cheapest new automatic w/m for about £175 at the time and just leave it with the house when I went!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2012, 08:52 AM
Morning Vicki, Morning All

My sympathies re the washing machine Vicki, we've been without one for months. I take mine round to my dad's and do it there I wouldn't have a clue about local laundrettes, I've only ever seen them in Eastenders!!!. Ours was in the shed outside as our kitchen is too small and needs redoing to get a washing machine in. I don't want to buy a new washing machine to put it in an old shed, particularly in winter, so we can't replace it until the kitchen is redone. The kitchen can't be redone till we have got someone in to brick up the door that is never used. Grrrr

Have a good day all.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2012, 09:04 AM
Morning Cuz xxx

Best wishes with the launderette adventure, last time I used one was about 14 years ago, and if my memory serves me well I was completely out of my depth with it all, a lovely elderly lady saw to mine as for the dryers..... they were costly back then x

Morning All xxxx

Have a wonderful day xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >