Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pippin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-06-2007, 11:54 AM

Lost my best Friend

My beutifull Staffi x Rottie has now gone to heaven and I am left with a brocken hart.
Meghan worked with me every day and was not just my best friend but also my work chum, and I am now going about my work in a bit of a dream

Meghan came to me after the sad death of Rosie and she was given the name MeghanRose, she lived with me for 12yrs and 3 months and was the most faithfull fun loveing crazy girl I have ever met. The first years were never dull as she was quite mad and got me into loads of trouble, chasing people, biteing the odd one or two, going every where at a hundred miles an hour and crashing everything in site. We began obediance training and agility and wow did she love that. Our work together in the early days was with animal welfare, and her role was to protect me if we went out in the dark and to help with the poor creature we were picking up. It was not unusual for Meg to have a soggy wet kitten or bedrageled puppy on the front seat of my car to curl up with and keep worm till we got home. She was big Momma to my two pups Katie and Molly when they came to live with me a scared llittle thigs now at 10yrs and 9yrs respectably they are as sad as me, Katie is espesialy sad. She was alway very gentle with Pippin who she acepted as the spoilt baby of the house hold.
Meghan made us all feel safe. The last few years we have worked as dog walkers and Megs days were meeting and greating new dogs and playing all day in the forest with them, all I did was pick them up and take them home.
I hope there is a heavan and my Meg is there and we will join up again some day and play all day in the forest, right now the forest is empty and I can't eaven hear the birds as i am too sad.
I never got the chance to nurse her or fret how old she looked because she wasnt ill and had only just started to get a gray mussel at 13 years old she was so fit with a glossy coat and wet nose, but on that horid day she just fell to the groung at my feet and died later in the vets.
I have been so lucky to have had such a friend for all thoes years and I miss her sooo very much it hurts...
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-06-2007, 11:57 AM
So sorry to hear about Megahan she sounded like a wonderful girl.You will feel better in time.Run free Meghan.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Oh Su, I'm so sorry for your loss. Big hugs honey xox
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-06-2007, 12:13 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss

Run free Meghan
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 12:26 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss. But you have many happy memories of her to think about. I am sure you will miss her a lot. It is so hard to come to terms with but it will get easier as time goes on although she will never be forgotten. Run free at the bridge sweet Meghan.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-06-2007, 12:40 PM
I am so sorry to hear the news about Meghan
Sleep well little dog .......

nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-06-2007, 01:03 PM
so sorry about your loss, it leaves a great void in your life. we lost our old rottie 2 years ago (she was 14 ) and i can tell you, the pillow was a bit damp that night.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 02:47 PM

run free sweet meghan
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 02:50 PM
Run free little one.
Becky
Pippin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-06-2007, 03:25 PM
Thank you all so much for your kind words, and the big hugs arevery important, im a sad lost person right now but writing her short story helped a bit, a guess I will laff again soon..take care all of you and love your dogs to bits they are not here long enough..best wishes and weepy hugs Su xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >