View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2007, 03:27 PM

Witnessed a man bein biten (sorry long )

I could not believe my eyes ,I was sitting outside the garage in my pops car , While he was in paying for his petrol , theyre was a lady across the street letting her we dog back into her garden , It was a wire haired terrior , she brought it in and closed the gate , and went back into the house ,leaving it to play in the garden , This man was casually walking by and the dog starting growling and barkin at him , Next thing i knew it ran threw a hole in the hedge and came out of the next gardens gate and attacked him It grabbed him by the trouser leg and was fearcely bitting him on the leg , I got out of the car and tryed to chase it away but it would not let go , it just dug its teeth in harder and the bloke was shouting at it to get off , He was in great pain , The lady must have heard this guy and me shouting i was trying to get the dog to let go , I know i shouldnt have tried to pull the dog off but the man was in a lot of pain , The lady came out and grabbed her dog by the collar and said no Oliver no and it let go ,not before it had removed a lump from the guys trouser leg ,The lady then started shouting at the man what did you do to my precious litttle angel you bad man ,I said he did nothing ,your precious we angel as you call him attacked this man for no reason all he was doing was walking by , How would you know she said i replied because i just witnessed it happening , i was sat over there in my pops car , and came to help this man , so she just grunted and went to walk away , When the guy says im calling the police dear , Your dog is vicious just look at my leg , Sure enough the dig had lifted a lump from the guys legs ,and it was teaming with blood , AAnd i said that will need stiching , So the woman says my Oliver would not do a thing like that ., And then another women appeared ,she worked in the garage and was sat outside on her smoke break , And said im afraid your Oliver would i also saw it , She handed the man a tissue , She said he wouldnt harm a fly he has never bitten any child or women yet , An i said well he has biten this man and threre is three witnesses , To which she replied yes but he is only the second , The poor guy is on the phone to the police telling them all of this while the shop assistant is trying to stop his leg from bleeding (i couldnt help as i have a thing about the sight of blood ) So any way i said to her he has biten before , but you are adamant he would never bite anyone , It could just as easily been a child , or are you going to wait til he bites a child , im sorry missus but your dog attacked this man un provoked so if you as an owner know he is capable of this because you said yourself he has biten one other person , then he should either be kept to the back garden , or your garden should be made more secure to prevent him getting out , or he should be muzzled but to be honest if he was mine im afraid he would be pts , And i think the police might agree , SO the police arrived and all threee of us gave witness statements ,i gave them my addresss and phone number also then left , So im not sure what the out come is for this lady and her dog , but the guy was taking to hospital for stitches and a tetnus .

If i hear anything else on the matter ill keep you updated , in a way its a shame as she was an elderly lady and he was a very cute little dog who seemed to adore his owner
xxdk
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-12-2007, 03:43 PM
Well done dk for being a witness so many people would not involved and for trying to get the dog off the man.
I hope he is ok.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2007, 03:45 PM
The wound on his leg looked nasty Lynn and extremley deep , xxdk
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2007, 03:54 PM
I can't believe she left the dog unattended in an unsecure front garden then claimed he wasn't at fault and then said he's bitten once before!
Poor bloke, hope the injuries heal well.
Becky
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2007, 03:55 PM
It shocked me as well Becky , but it was so weird one minute its like the anti christ with fur , then its a doting cuddly fur ball with its owner , xxdk
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2007, 07:53 PM
poor man i hope he's ok.

sounds like the typical old lady dog syndrome. dog not trained and treated like a child. sad to think this could cause the dog to be pts.
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-12-2007, 08:21 PM
I know this is not going to be popular, but if he has bitten twice as DK said, then I personally think he should be put to sleep, because even though he has only bitten only men to date you never know what could happen in the future, as I would hate it for a child to be the next victim.

Yes I know it's the owners fault by not making sure that the dog was in a secure back garden, but we all have dogs that are hopefully trained to the point where they won't just bite on sight because they feel like it.

This owner is totally irresponsible and I don't think that the dog should ever be trusted again.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2007, 08:25 PM
poor man, i cantl believe she left in unatteded and openly attmited that the dog had done it before!!!!!!

hope the mans ok,
Callum
Dogsey Senior
Male 

01-12-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by Colin Bradish View Post
I know this is not going to be popular, but if he has bitten twice as DK said, then I personally think he should be put to sleep, because even though he has only bitten only men to date you never know what could happen in the future, as I would hate it for a child to be the next victim.

Yes I know it's the owners fault by not making sure that the dog was in a secure back garden, but we all have dogs that are hopefully trained to the point where they won't just bite on sight because they feel like it.

This owner is totally irresponsible and I don't think that the dog should ever be trusted again.
About my thoughts on the matter. And well done for helping out when it happened and giving a statement etc.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2007, 10:01 AM
I spoke to the guy daughter last night ,Mairead i have known her for years but didnt realise he was her dad ,Any way i was out with my friends and got talking to Mairead and she mentioned about her dad being biten by a dog on main street , Then the penny dropped and i realised Tucker was her dad , any way it turns out he had to have 8 stiches to his leg , and the police confescated the lady dog as theyre had been 4 other reports regarding dog bites in the area where the dog had been running loose , so it seems he will be pts after an investigation has been carried out to prove the dog is the same dog that has been doing the spate of attacks , Mairead said the police told her dad the women was unwilling to take the dog herself to be pts , And it matches the description given by the other victims one being a young lad of 16 with learning difficulties ,In her defense apparently the old lady said he just does not like men and i dont blame him The worst thing is her house is only yards from the local primary school and nursery .
xxxdk
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >